Old Folks Who Can Sort of Throw Battle 2013: VOTING NOW OPEN!

If I listed mine I’d sound like a sitcom caricature of an old Jewish woman.

1 Like

Yes and yes, Challenge accepted!! :smiley:

Not always the best way to tell age. I’m only 22 but have achey knees, especially in the damp. And i know I’m too young for your geezer competition.

1 Like

Fixed axles don’t count? :frowning:

LOL, lots of fun!!!

Count or not that was great man! You’ve got some solid fixed axle play. Good stalls and regens, much better than mine thats for sure lol.

Thank you my friend, I just got in some type 10 cotton, much better response over the type 8 cotton I was using. Also grabbed some fat kitty string for my Walter and a alpha crash!!! I’ll get something unresponsive together later. It was a lot of fun!!! Honestly I have the most fun on wood fixed :smiley:

I know for sure a bunch of us LOVE fixed axle. Yooldman, Waylon, myself… you, apparently (awesome video!)! However, more inclusive to just go to 1A. :wink:

We participated in a Fixed Axle February contest (run by Waylon and frodoslair), and there’s going to be another one next February. Hope you stick around and enter that one (but in the meantime, feel free to enter this one. :wink: More of a battle than a contest as there’s not going to be a big pot).

PS, Those horizontal things were nutbar.

I haven’t had a proper fixed axle session in ages.

Thanks for the “contest”. Good to see seniors out there throwing!

I definitely meet age requirements. (Ike was president when I was born!)

I have been throwing “new” experience for more than a year though.

I am pretty much a “hack” anyway. Just throwing for fun and to annoy the family!

I really like the vid of the older gentleman throwing… Gives me hope!

1 Like

Great video.  Those fixed axles are so addicting.  Glad to see so many other people getting hooked. :slight_smile:

I can’t believe I am just seeing this thread now!! I am down for this!!! I bet I can wrangle up BPG and Fellavader as well…

I’ve been on bpg’s case a bit. :wink:

1 Like

Ummmmm… I just realized that this is for 0 to one year… I have been at it for almost three… Can I still submit or no?

Remember… free strings!

For the free strings and the opportunity to share a video with us, yes! There is an “old folks who can sort of throw” showcase, and I’m sure a bunch of us would love to see you throw some more. Alas, it is stretching the bounds of the battle format a bit too much for the face-off portion.

Cool cool… Thanks bro!

I’m getting up there in age for sure but I have been throwing for 1 year 11 months 10 days 8 hours 32 minutes and 45 seconds!!

1 Like

If there’s enough interest, it takes zero effort to do a second battle for the “more experienced” crew, collecting information and conversations into the same thread. :wink:

mgiroux, fellavader, whaddya say? Battle each other as a “seed” and see if it blooms from there? Anybody else in the “I wonder if I’m too experienced” category want to put their skills on the line? :smiley:

This is precisely why I like you, Monsieur Petit.

1 Like

HEHE We have gone head to head since MA States from 2012. Three times we have gone head to head!!! I love competing against my friend Adam. We go hard and at the end of the day share a beer and some laughs!!!