Voting now open!
Division ONE: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,62984.0.html
Division TWO: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,62985.0.html
The Meat of the Post
- It’s a 1A trick battle of oldsters!
- Now with two categories!, both for anyone putting themselves on the “old person” list. Category 1: zero months to roughly a year (or a year and a few months) of… “new”?.. experience? (childhood doesn’t count!) Category 2: the rest of all y’all creaky buggers
- 1 minute of throwing, no edits
- Regens optional, multiple throws allowed
- Due date: June 30, midnight Eastern Standard Time.
- Music: optional
- Links to videos may be submitted to me, GregP. If you don’t have YouTube/Vimeo/other hosting, send me a PM and we’ll work out a way to share your videos. I’m pretty good with the intertubes.
- Bragging rights
- 5-pack of Unknown Yoyo Strings “Jackrabbits” for all submissions regardless of division, final placement, or even if you’ve submitted a showcase video
- $50 YYE Gift Certificate from YoyoExpert for the winner of each division!
- additional 5-pack of “Jackrabbits” for the winners (thanks, Modman!)
- each division winner will also receive a 10-pack of JAMS string and a counterweight, courtesy of Andy569
- the runner-up from each division will get a paracord yoyo holder handcrafted by thehandcoder!
- If you want to just submit a video to share it (not to compete), feel free to send it to me with a note indicating that it is “for showcase only”. You’ll be eligible for the free pack of strings, too.
Original Post (kept for posterity but not up-to-date)
Alright, folks, get ready for the exciting event of the season! The canes! The walkers! The facial hair (well, for the men… and possibly some of the ladies…)! The “Rock the Baby” tricks!
At least two of us (myself and yooldman) have agreed to meet in fierce yoyo battle. If you are someone who considers themselves in the “older” crowd, and have been throwing from 0 months to roughly a year (nobody’s going to cry if you’ve been throwing for a year and odd months!) why don’t you join us? Show the young crowd that with some months of work, we oldsters CAN do impressive tricks like Double or Nothing and Plastic Whip! Even though the age requirement might seem vague, trust me: if you consider yourself an “old guy/gal”, you’re in. If you’re not certain and you have to ask… you’re probably pushing it.
The rules are among the strictest you’ve ever seen:
- 1 minute of throwing, no edits (but you can do as many takes as you want. We’ll never know unless you tell us!)
- Regens… YOU CAN REGEN??? That’s awesome! The rest of us will just use multiple throws if we need to.
- 1A unresponsive style to make it easier to vote when the time comes
- Due date: June 30, midnight Eastern Standard Time (strict, right??)
- Music: sure, throw a track on there. If you don’t know how to do it, let me know and I can help you out (but you’ll have to be ready a few days earlier than the deadline!)
If you would like to join, you don’t even have to “sign up” in advance. Maybe you’re filming yourself for the next 25 days and you finally land a minute you’re happy with… why not send it along at the last second? If you decide not to join, you don’t even need to risk public humiliation!
The winner will receive… oh, I dunno… anybody want these LED’s I ripped out of my son’s sneakers? Nobody? Nobody? OK, well I’ll come up with something. Certainly you will get bragging rights.
I’ll update this thread if I think of more details. In the meantime, contact me if you have any questions. And enjoy this video of me from a few days ago. This is what you’re up against in the “somewhere in the neighborhood of a year” category, folks (in full disclosure, I do have a few nicer tricks already…but it’s not like I’m going to be worlds different from this in another month):