Old Folks Who Can Sort of Throw Battle 2013: VOTING NOW OPEN!

Unfortunately I believe I am an inbetweener. I am definitely too old to be able to hack my iKindle or download my itunes directly to my clouds; but I am also too young to have gone to one of those nice Glen Miller ballroom dances, to be able to slide-rule, or to be able to designate myself a mod/rocker. However, I will watch this thread with large amounts of age-induced discombobulation.

1 Like

If only I had a video camera, you all would go down!! Jk I would get pummeled by you guys. Haha. Maybe if I can ever get my Kamikaze somewhat smooth. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t make me mail you a camera. :wink:

Working on some prizes behind the scenes as we speak. Wasn’t even expecting to go all prizey with this, but modman has put some wheels in motion!

this is a good thread hahaha. I feel you brother, Elli May is 12 years old and she lays next to me everywhere hahaha. toot toooot.

If I start now, I may be able to come up with a solid minute of level one tricks without any screwups in 25 days ;D.

Sounds like fun why not.

I would enter but the only recent video documentation of a combo I have has me sans shirt, and is thus way too thug angel (hi jonrob), thus giving me unfair advantage, hahaha.

oh man Greg you can do spirit bomb, I’ve been struggling with that myself :stuck_out_tongue: I’d join but I’m not that old… I know i’m pushing it :wink:

Sorry, no videos from me.

The only way my suck-i-tude can be fully disgust you is in person. I don’t want to go breaking any cameras with my pathetic yoyo play.

That is in the running for my favorite post of the year.

1 Like

i think everyone knows you can throw :stuck_out_tongue:

@beezy, angel swag is the hippest kind of swag right now. Thug Angel it up!

@Studio42, I definitely never figured you’d submit one. Would be a heck of a shocker, though!

Updated original post… every competitor who submits a video will be getting a 5-pack of Jackrabbits. Extra 5 for the winner.

Also bumped to the bullet list: In case one of the original criteria has been lost along the way, this battle is open to people with somewhere in the very general neighborhood of a year or less “recent” throwing experience.

Tell you what, though… if you’re an “old person” and you’re not qualified to compete based on lengthy experience, lay down a quick sample video of what we have to look forward to, and I’ll have a 5-er of Jackrabbits sent your way anyhow.

I’ll have a separate “rocking chair showcase” section. :wink: Just tell me when you send me your link that it’s for the showcase, not the battle.

Super-big thanks to yooldman, too… I mean really, it was his idea. He saw that we have roughly the same amount of experience and jokingly (jokingly, I say!) suggested a battle to celebrate our 1-year yoyoing milestones. I thought to myself, “What the heck? Why not!?” and proposed doing it for real. If he had said “no thanks” it probably would have died there. :wink:

I think the fewer people who know that, the fewer people I can disappoint!

I’m 28, that’s… getting there. Almost 30! Will throw something up later on. Hopefully not literally. :smiley:

Looks like we’re getting an old fellows battle royal going here.

Now, I just need to get over my current obsession with Proflys and Butterflys and work on a combo.

Looks like it, eh?

“There can be only one.” -old guy movie quote

Only if you want to win! :wink:

You, of all people, need to make video!

Skill-wise, I probably meet the requirements. In real time, I’ve been throwing on and off for four years and really didn’t start throwing with real intent until late last summer. I might throw clip together for kicks. I will definitely be watching the battle.

All I heard was “late last summer”… that sounds like a qualifier to me! :wink:

Ok :slight_smile: It will make everyone feel great about their progress!

That wasnt me… Just a vid…