Old enough

59 and have loved yoyos since I bought my first with pocket money at Woolworth’s as a little kid.

Had a blast in the late 90s when my eldest son then age seven or eight got into it having been caught up in the yoyo craze led by Yohans et al.

My interest flared again when I was looking for something to turn on my wood lathe last year and I made some yoyos from a lovely piece of ancient oak, a roofbeam that came from a chapel. Since then not a day goes by when I don’t throw a yoyo for an hour or two (not necessarily all at once). I find it so soothing and satisfying.

Favourites are wooden fixies but I have others and I’d love a No Jive if I could find one here in the UK.

The forum is a great place to be :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

17 Likes

I’m 67 and still throw every day. I use them to demonstrate principles of a gyroscope as well to my classes.

21 Likes

Me too 65 picked it up 4 years ago broke my wrist a year later couldn’t throw for about 7 months then picked it back up again have been throwing ever since!

16 Likes

Turned the big 5-0 last year and took up unresponsive throwing just a few months before that.

14 Likes

56 years old a few weeks ago. Started throwing a yoyo a few years ago now, been much more focused on it during the covid lockdowns.
Happy to have found something so engaging.
I wonder how good I will be at 96?

15 Likes

67 next December

16 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Nightsword !

9 Likes

Sheesh…you guys! :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: I think that covers it. I may have to ask someone to be certain. What was the question?

17 Likes

I love this guy!

8 Likes

Same here. 67 on December 11

10 Likes

Dec 8 so I have seniority

10 Likes

This. Although I don’t yoyo quite as often as in the past, I never entirely quit. It’s the essential elements that stick with you, the essential moves. Tricks not so much., I find the more I isolate a move and try it in different combos, the better.

9 Likes

Same. That sounds so cool!

3 Likes

Well I’ve been around the sun 70 times and started throwing the day I turned 60. I had a spinal cord injury in 2014 and have some serious mobility issues. But I can still stand long enuff to rip a few tricks. Sold most my of yo’s except for “Slepnir” and my “Avalanche”.
Bottom line is just because your body is old your brain still thinks like a kid!

20 Likes

Welcome back. Glad to hear you’re still looking down at the daisys instead of looking up. I have to agree about the kid at heart. The older I get, the more I miss my younger body.

7 Likes

Thanks Billy. I’ve begun to realize that when I stand I have to pretend that I’m throwing in a phone booth. Say calm and enjoy the physics! Big thanks to Andre and Yoyo Expert for the support. BTW are any other disabled throws out there?

9 Likes

i’m 44, started in the late 90s and took
a hiatus after college… then jumped back in a few years ago when my kiddo could throw… don’t have the seniority of many of these cats, but i’m just trying to
find a spot in the circle
of yo and see if the kiddo stays interested

13 Likes

Hmmm, just a kid yet. :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Indeed, nobody plays more than a kid! Kids win!! Poor, poor curmudgeon :cry: .

6 Likes

I am 57 years old. Like myk_myk ; I play yo-yo and juggle to keep my mind and body learning new things.

As Spock explained: “The more complex the mind; the more the need for the simplicity of play”.

… Yeah; that’s it… :slight_smile:

13 Likes