Old enough

I’ll be 55 soon so I can say “old man” cuz I’m not far away from being one. I think seeing an old man yoyoing looks waaay cooler than a 16 year old kid yoyoing. I guess because yoyoing “seems” like a kid thing and a yoyoing old man “seems” like a contradiction but to me it looks totally bada$$!!! I am making no sense. Sorry.

15 Likes

I loved it when I turned 55. That’s when restaurants gave discounts to “seniors”! I don’t mind it when I can eat cheap.

8 Likes

I’m feeling like the baby of the group at 50.

11 Likes

I think playing more as you age is normal not abnormal, so yoyoing is reasonable at a mature age.

My great aunt lived well into her 90’s and she always said, “I’m living my second childhood. I came into this world without teeth and I’m going to leave it without teeth, I came into this world with little to no hair and I’m going to leave this world with little to no hair.” I loved that woman! She thought playing was the best thing ever! So be a kid and go yoyo!!

12 Likes

Do you mean 65? I am over 55 an I do not get discounts yet. Maybe I am not eating at the right places.

6 Likes

This thread makes me feel better. We have a local yoyo group at Whatsapp, average age around 22years old. I’m 34, with aged sould in Old Parr :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I first discovered I was getting older when I pulled up to a drive thru burger place and they gave me the senior discount without asking. My hair was barely starting to change then. Since then, I figure that “Old age is 15 years older than you are at the present time.” This is why I still love yoyos.

7 Likes

To me, old is 95+.

8 Likes

You’re not old until you run around using the word, “old” as an excuse. You’re not old until you use the word, “old” to describe yourself to others in casual conversation. I’ve had so many people, chronologically younger than me, tell me that “when you get to be my age.” It makes me laugh! “Old” is not the same for everyone! So if you yoyo is it even possible to be old? :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Yes, of course it is. I’m old.

EDIT - Don’t be upset about being old. No need to mount a defence.

7 Likes

Never knew lots are 50+

7 Likes

Goes to show it’s a hobby for all ages. By the way, the replies here were inspiring.

7 Likes

I’ll be 49 in November!

7 Likes

I’m actually working on going backwards in the sport and try to restart, in my head, what the guys did in the 1950s. Excited to get my first wooden fixed axle yoyo.

7 Likes

I’m in my yoyo year — 44 !

Is it just my impression, or has the yoyo forum demographic gotten older?

10 Likes

Happy Anniversary young man. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Odds are this thread is scaring those Whipper Snappers to say on the own lawn.

5 Likes

Thanks! Heh, indeed, this thread might be protecting some lawns :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m not seeing a problem here.

4 Likes

I think it’s important to let older men AND women know about our sport. I feel this has kept my mind a little sharper and clearer as I focus on different tricks. I have seen too many friends die in their rocking chairs because they didn’t have anything to do.

9 Likes

Considering that yoyos don’t connect to social media on the internet, you are probably correct. I’ve probably given each of my grandchildren 3-4 decent yoyos over the last 4-5 years, along with instructions/demos. Haven’t seen them since the day I gave them to them.

12 Likes