of slack, whips, and string

I’ve been working on both whips and slack trapeze and I’m starting to wonder if my problem is just string. As I watch videos, the string always keeps a nice loop as it flies through the air. My slack trapeze is landed about 70% of the time, but only about 5% of those actually land properly— usually the string has twisted in flight before landing. I can land a few when I put on a brand new string, but soon the twisting begins, and after a little while even when I adjust the tension the problem persists. (same problem when practicing “revolutions”)

I use YoYo Nation highlights string cause its cheap and yoyo nation is the cheapest for shipping to Canada.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

it has to be your string tension make sure theres no twisting at all in your string

I use highlights also, because of the same reason you do, and i used to get that problem a lot too. It probably is just the string tension, and if it is, all you can do is keep fixing the tension. Yoyonation highlights don’t hold their tension very well either, and as soon as i have used all mine up I’m buying some better string, even though it will cost more.

You should really consider giving some 50/50 slick 6 a try. I used to have the exact same problem as you. I was using 100% polyester because it’s popular right now and I was lucky to pull off the occasional suicide or whip. When I switched back to 50/50 slick 6 I could immediately do several suicides in a row, which I could never do before. I think these kinds of tricks are like 60% skill and 40% string type.

String type has NOTHING to do with landing slacks and suicides. I landed 8 suicides in a row with 100% poly string. Sure he can try out the string but it’s not really gonna make you better, it’s all i n your mind making you think you’re better.

Thats your opinion, as there are many more people that wuld agree with him. I would say the string deos have a little to do with it, as some strings slack better than others, anyways keep adjusting the tension and you will get them donwn

Adjust your tension, thats the problem. And I think that the type of string makes a difference in how often you have to adjust tension, but not that much of a difference in how it slacks

I appreciate all of the replies. I’d have to side with the “string type does matter a bit” end of the spectrum. I realize that sometimes I want to blame things other than myself, but for example, I just put a new string on. I threw a braintwister, then mcBride roller coaster. Then I threw two suicides. Caught them both, but the string is twisted once both times. It just seems like Highlights doesn’t keep a loop formed as well and start to twist almost immediately.

From my experience highlites don’t keep tension as well as string like G-string. You could try those out, but with practice you can almost always land suicdes with any strings. I can get probably 15 throws before my highlites get twisted.

Really? that’s really really good. I can only get like 4-5 without having to adjust string tension, but thats not at the optimal break in point, they dont keep that perfect time for long.

Try a different kind of string like Alchemy. It is very strong, awesome when broken in, and does great slacks. It almost feels like plastic at first. But when you break it in, its great. A 100 pack cost 20 bucks shipped.

It can be found here: http://www.yoyoguy.com/PN/STR19/Yo-Yo-String/Alchemy-String
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE HEARD. I HAVE NEVER USED THIS STRING

Also, try 50/50 string, YoYo gstring, and element string, which can be found here at yoyoexpert, and from the people on the forum.