Nylon strings

Anyone out there have any preferred nylon strings they play? It’s hard to find a kitty fat nylon the store only sells them in bulk. Really into the slipping action…

1 Like

On the YYE store, there’s YYSL Nytro and Nytro+. I don’t remember what Kitty Nylon is like, just that I didn’t care for it. Nytro is soft, slick, whips fast but predictably, and it holds slack formations well.

Outside of the YYE store… BadWolfeCo sells both a nylon blend and a pure nylon string. ZipLine makes some great Nylon blends.

4 Likes

BadWolfeCo

LegitYoyoStrings (on Etsy)

6 Likes

Just recently I have received some strings from “AaA yo-yo strings” and their nylon blends are fantastic !!! I would definitely check them out here on the forum :wink:

3 Likes

I luv Bad Wolf strings myself when im going full nylon. If im in the poly/ nylon blend mood i really enjoy the zipline signature plus strings… an excellent value.

3 Likes

I think Takeshi strings are Nylon, though they might be a nylon/poly hybrid. Those have been the only ones I’ve enjoyed so far (they’re so good), have never been able to get into the wooly nylon stuff or the fishing line-esque stuff.

4 Likes

Zipline Skyline lll (3) they SINGLE handedly are the reason I so EASILY learned hooks and Brent Stole ,they are so soft but nice and weighted , they last FOREVER too, I’ve had one on my panorama for almost 2 months (everyday 1-2 hour playtime) and still don’t see a reason to switch for a new one anytime soon :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’ll second @BadWolfeCo they make good stuff. About to order another ton when they drop Thriller for Friday the 13th.

6 Likes

I’m a fan of ZipLine Skylines and BadWolfeCo Sliccs.

4 Likes

Ooh! I’m glad you said that, I didn’t even realize it was coming up again!

2 Likes

Agreed! A&A strings are great

2 Likes

I’ve also had a really great experience with badwolfeco strings that are 2-3 colors. Very durable, great feel on the fingers, and great slack performance throughout the string life.

1 Like

I still have some 3 year old Airetics in rotation, Standards and Slims, though I think one is finally starting to wear out as its getting all unwound around the bearing and response. Ive washed it by hand several times as well.

3 Likes

Yea ive noticed nylon starts to get weird after a few washes… airetics and legitstrings have been my favorites. Badwolfe makes great string all around. Just like any yoyo nowadays, string is fairly standard in good quality (except bulk, mainly talking higher quality)