NY States = CANCELED

Awesome. See you in Buffalo this September. 8)

In other news, here is a breakdown of the cash prizes for the contest:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/179715_590510324315772_27918618_n.jpg

I am also in the process of finalizing the details with a local hotel, which will also be hosting the prelims on Friday, September 13th. Once everything is set in stone, which should be by today or tomorrow, I will share the news here. ;D

This contest is really coming along. I like the sound of it so far. :smiley:

Indeed! Getting excited for this!

Since it appears that some people may have the wrong idea about how NY States will be run, let me clear things up real quickā€¦

1.) We will be using 2 minute freestyles for the finals of 2A, 3A, 4A, and 5A.
2.) The only division that will have 3 minute freestyles will be 1A, and there will only be 5 finalists in that division.

Now with that said, we will be finalizing the contest rules this week, and we are hoping to open online registration soon after. I will make sure to post an announcement here when that happens. Please stay tuned!

Only 5 finalists for 1a? Isnā€™t that a bit small?

Not when you consider the fact that we will be using a tournament format for the 1A division. If we were using the standard contest format, that would be one thing. But only so many players can reach the finals in a tourney.

Here is a quick summary of how it will work, BTW. 16 players will qualify for the Round of 16, 8 players will advance to the Semifinals, and 4 players will move on to the Finals. Those 4 players, along with the highest scoring player who did not advance (a.k.a. the Wildcard), will perform 3 minute freestyles to decide 1st-5th place.

Oh, I get it. Makes sense now. I actually like the sound of that. Sounds cool. ;D

You can count on us being a sponsor. We are working out our plan now but we look forward to being there!!

Great Job Guys!

www.facebook.com/yoyozeekio

Excellent! Please make sure to contact me at organizer at nystateyoyo dot com to work out all of the sponsorship details. 8)

In other news, if any of you were wondering how the 1A Tournament is going to work at NY States, this image should help to clue you in:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/q71/s720x720/1017424_598370960196375_1808089453_n.jpg

Looks great!

Im so pumped to go to this!

Ill be going to this!

To anyone who is planning on competing or attending 2013 NY States, please visit the links below:

HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS
CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION RULES & JUDGING
ONLINE REGISTRATION

1 Like

just registered!

During the tournament, will there be music. If so, who chooses it?

When do we upload freestyle music?

Yes, there will be music during the 1A tourney. During the battle rounds, a DJ will choose the music. Contestants will be able to choose their music for the prelims and finals though.

Weā€™re working on creating a music upload page on the contest website. When it is ready, I will e-mail all of the registered competitors with the link.

Wow :confused: I am saddened

Very sorry to hear this. I know you put a lot of work into this, John, and I know you wouldnā€™t make this decision lightly. Hereā€™s hoping this can happen next year!