New York-2011

when is New York yoyo nationals and where.

I’m not sure if there will even be one this year. I guess we won’t find out if there will be one until around May, or at least that is what I heard.

1 Like

Juan I know your in Buffalo, but where are you at, i’m in Albany. Even if NY states would be in buffalo I’d try to go.

If nobody else is going to organize one this year, perhaps I should contact the AYYA/NYYL and see about possibly doing it.

Ideas. Ideas.

That would be fantastic, my ideas, it should be in Syracuse, because thats in the middle of Albany and Buffalo. I also think it should be in May.

it would give my family an excellent excuse to go to buffalo :wink:

The problem with putting something together in Syracuse is the fact that I don’t know that city at all. Here in Buffalo, on the other hand, I actually know my way around. So for the sake of planning, doing something in the 'Lo would be a whole lot easier to pull off. It is also the second largest city in New York, next to NYC. That has to count for something, right?

As for having the contest in May, I don’t really think that will be possible, to be honest. If I am going to do this right, I will need several months to make sure all of my i’s are dotted and my t’s are crossed. So just to be on the safe side, I will be aiming for the fall.

Just to give everyone an update, I do have a very nice contest venue lined up for mid-October. They are also offering it to us at about 1/4 the going rate, since we are planning on organizing a fundraiser to coincide with the contest. So the pieces are definitely falling into place on this event.

Now whether this contest will be 2011 NY States is yet to be determined. I am hopeful that it will be though. But if not, I will still be putting on a contest in Buffalo, NY, and if the first one is a success, it will become an annual event in the Queen City. 8)