Nothing but knots

I got my 66% Shutter last Monday and was having a blast with it until a couple of days ago. At least 70% of my snap starts now end in a knot. I’ve tried three different strings, I tried three bearings. Nothing is working and I am seriously bummed. What am I doing wrong?

2 Likes

I’ve been getting a lot of knots from snap starts too over the last couple of weeks. :frowning: SO annoying!

2 Likes

this happens with smaller yo-yos why idk

3 Likes

I’m guessing the string is going slack when you snap the yoyo, which allows it to loop over a small yoyo. Try snapping outward to keep the string tense, like you would with a responsive.

4 Likes

I like to grab the yo-yo so the string is taught against my TH thumb. It helps me snap straighter with hard to snap yos, and it also helps prevents the yo-yo from bouncing through any loops in the slack. :man_shrugging: Works for me.

2 Likes

Could string thickness have anything to do with this?

1 Like

The smaller diameter makes it easier for a loop to go around the yoyo, and create an axle not. There may be a Snap Start to Green Triangle trick to be had…

1 Like

I figured it out!! When snap start would only bring my yo part way up I was winding it too tight. I am so relieved, I love my 66% Shutter.

1 Like

I seem to be the opposite, no knots on my 66%'s, found these actually really easy to get a good spin for a snap start (not enough to do a trick but enough to get a clean wind). My 66% edge is the easiest of the 3 I have (also have “babycuda” and “little maker.”

1 Like