Ghost bind knot

I have been working on learning basic ghost binds. On some of my yoyos I can do it somewhat consistently without much of a problem. But on some of my other yoyos I get axle knots almost every single time. I can not seem to figure out why the trick acts this way. Does anybody know?

1 Like

A video would help.

If people can see what you are doing, it is much better than guessing what you are doing.

I understand ‘you’ know what you mean but that doesn’t solve the problem.

It’s kinda of like saying, ‘Hey guys, I made a Pizza and it didn’t come out right. What did I do wrong’?

People can only guess.

3 Likes

Understood. When I get the chance I will send one in the thread.

1 Like

I’m thinking it has something to do with how wide the yoyo is. It seems that wider ones have the problem less frequently. For some reason I am having trouble putting a video directly into the thread. Hopefully this link works. IMG_0484.MOV on Vimeo

It looks like you have the first half of the trick down.

You need to put your hand closer to the yoyo when you try to loop the string into the gap. The second loop should be much smaller so that it consistently loop into the yoyo and catch onto the response pads.

1 Like

Just got it within like 5 tries and I am now hitting it consistently. That helped so much. Thank you! (it does make me curios why I was able to do it on other yoyos)

1 Like

Since you’re whipping the string into the gap on the first rotation before circling your hand around- the wider yoyos are just more lenient for having the string aligned with the gap on the initial whip.

1 Like

I just got help with this same trick too, glad we can both finally land it !

1 Like