I can hit beef hook about 40% of time...but finger string is inside the loop when i dismount?

Idk what im doing wrong. I land the loop, then rotate yoyo off finger, and then suddenly the loop has my main string in between the loop, so im not sure what im doing wrong. Am i catching the loop on wrong part of string?

1 Like

Can you take a video?

I will certainly try lol

I do this a lot (on accident) and had to break it down for myself. What I believe is going wrong is the loop coming around your TH finger needs to catch the back half (closest to you) of the yo-yo. If it catches the front half (furthest from you) then we end up with that string crossing situation.

I’m not proficient with the move yet but think the solution is to bring your TH closer to your body or toss the yo more towards the tip of that TH finger sticking out.

4 Likes

Also check string tension often but yeah aim for back half of Yoyo

1 Like

Sounds like a string tension issue to me as well

2 Likes
1 Like

Same thing happens when i reset string tension. I think its where im aiming. Im totally aiming for the inward part of yoyo.

1 Like

I think im making my loop too big maybe?

The string on your finger should open a bit and make a U. one side of the U goes in the gap and the other towards you. There is a way that you can whip it like too far and it goes around and snags the other side of the Yoyo and it will end up with that twist also. try to catch it at the bottom of the U. I try to go slow and land it best like that but some ppl do it fast and crush it. it helps me up be able to see the string open up. this is like super hard also and takes just a ton of practice also just keep at it and varying your attempts to see what’s working and try to lock in the feel when you do hit it.

2 Likes

Loosening string tension usually always fixes this for me

1 Like