(NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE) What investments do you guys make?

I will not have this as a thread for financial advice because I will take no accountability. However I have several investments because I need money for yoyos in the future. Mostly Stocks and Index funds that I hold in the long term such as (NYSE; KO) (NYSE; JPM) (Fidelity: FXIAX), just to name a few.

3 Likes

I buy land.

11 Likes

VTSAX, VBTLX that’s it.

3 Likes

Clean and simple Vanguard funds I like it.

2 Likes

I only buy stocks when they’re at their highest price and sell at the lowest. Short fortune 500 companies. Eat stock traders. CEO mindset

6 Likes

Still waiting on this Saudi prince to return my calls. Hes got my funds and gunna make me rich!

3 Likes

Speaking of, how do I convert oil money to a tesla?

2 Likes

You shape the oil in the form of a car and cast the magic spell

I’m more of a gambler myself. You can gain 5000%, but you can only lose 100%.

7 Likes

Put everything you own on the marlins moneyline tonight parlayed with the astros moneyline. Trust me I’m an expert.

Powell speaks tomorrow, therefore short $ES

3 Likes

I used to work for a hedge fund. Nothing I say is financial advice and the hedge fund I worked for death spiraled into oblivion so take that for what it is. I’m also in IT nothing to do with finance so I only know what I’ve scrapped off of those smart folk I worked with.

The stock market is legalized gambling. You can hedge your risk and reduce risk but in the end you shouldn’t put anything into the market your not willing to lose or can’t live without for a period. Market volatility can and will hit and impact you at the worst possible time.

Everything eventually recovers. Never react to the market in a lose there is nothing to gain from quickly dumping a stock except a small tax break for your losses. Leave it and don’t touch it till you need it or it makes sense tax wise to touch it. Otherwise let it recover it “usually” does.

Past performance does not constitute future gains. This is legally required on any marketing material a financial institute creates for any portfolio with claims about earnings. There is no magic AI, no magic money button. No one is predicting stuff 100% a monkey can pick just as valid trading options as an automated system and a seasoned professional broker.

AI is not effective in trading. Most firms that claim they use AI are using quantitative algorithms and just brute forcing predictions based on past trend and current ticks. It’s an expensive game snd generally as successful as picking at random…. Or they are automated a change in stop limits.

Perception is reality. What people believe to be true in finance is the truth. Look at tesla as an example. It’s extremely over valued but people believe tesla has value so it has value…. Same for trust once it’s broken it’s gone and unable to be recovered. Even if it’s just a perceived break in trust. Companies in finance die by breaking trust with there clients.

Personally I dump some money into large market or vertical covering ETFs and mutual funds (not everyone has the money to do mutual funds I realize) I have a few companies I have worked for that I own stock in because they had a buy in program at a lower rate or I got stock as a bonus or equity deal but I don’t buy any individual stocks it’s rarely worth it. Day trading and forex are rediculous I wouldn’t even bother and buying on margin is insane. Don’t do it. Taking a loan from a broker to gamble should be illegal I don’t get how that’s a thing.

Bitcoin and crypto in general is super volition worse than the stock market I don’t really bother with it but never put anything your not willing to lose in. FOMO is real and it’s hard to fight don’t get involved if you can’t sit on a lose. Also lots of coins and exchanges are scams. It’s the Wild West with no regulation you can and will lose money if you don’t know what your doing. Mining is neat but expensive know how much it costs vs how much you earn snd don’t waste your money. Break out the cost of the equipment into your calculation over 5-10 years as well… often it’s a net lose nowadays.

Check the historical risk and what the risk is rated for anything your buying yes past performance does not indicate future performance but check if there has been an unreliable past can prevent you from making a bad decision because that’s how others will check and decide if its worth trading.

Penny stock is worthless ignore it. Bonds are great if your patient so is a CD or money market account if you can swing it.

Check the fees they can eat everything your working toward. Check for dividends those are a nice to have that can help further grow your portfolio.

I’m probably missing something on by but then tldr is check your personal risk tolerance and try to stick to what your comfortable with. Some people I know are only Comfortable with buying precious metals like gold and silver and burying that in there back yard. Not saying that’s a valid option or not but I would tend to stay away from the extremes.

10 Likes

Buying land is also a solid options. Real-estate and turning that to rentals is a valid part of many portfolio.

3 Likes

Would it make sense to keep holding my money in the stock market as a teenager and hold on forever (Buffett fanboy). because I am Ducking the IRS and doing everything in my power to avoid the fate of my peers and classmates. everyone in my life is concerned about me and saying that “money is NOT more important than the air that I breathe.”

2 Likes

Again just eat stock brokers and absorb their powers

2 Likes

@Benthrowsyoyo As a former hedge fund employee who looked around from time to time like I was on the Death Star wondering am I the bad guys… yeah I feel ya. Eat the rich… capitalism is a cancer on society. I’ll stop there before I make people really grumpy…

6 Likes

Aight cool, ima disappear for a few more months. Sayonara

Not just the rich. Eat everyone. The more the merrier

1 Like

If you take your money out early (I’ve done it) your gonna get hit with like a 10% fee plus whatever your new tax bracket is if it pushes you to the next tier. For me that usually was like 30%… generally I lost about 4K ish in withholding to federal and the next year I owed like 2-4k to the state… if your buying your first house in the US you can use the first 10k without a tax penalty as a down payment I wouldn’t own a home if I couldn’t have done that. Covid was a rough time. Happy I landed in my feet in the end but man did I fly through my nest egg and retirement quick… it’s gonna be a while till that recovers. Like my previous statements though. Not a financial advisor my thoughts may/will lose you money. Me money everyone might lose money…

Also the power of compounding compels you. Starting young and letting the interest compound can and will earn you more than someone who starts later in life.

Also all I know is USA related. If your elsewhere idk. Ask someone local or something. Y’all got smarter people probably there than me…

1 Like

Bingo

2 Likes