Northstar

I’m planning to get one or two northstars and I heard that they break easily and crack? can anyone deny or confirm this??

(M.DeV1) #2

from what ive herd yes. and playing with my friends northstar it just didnt feel good and it felt kinda cheap. i like the protostar better IMO i felt it jst feels more stable and man can that thing t ake a beating!

I would think the northstar can take more of a beating than a protostar… And sure, it cracks in extreme temperature changes and if you overtighten it. I have threw mine in the air (5a) and watch it hot the ground with like 1 scuff.

No it wont unless you put it on fire then try to freeze it.

They’ve improved the Northstars overtime. I got the Northstar and mine cracked, I contacted YYF and they sent me the newer run, and it hasent cracked or got crack marks or anything like that.

I have two Northstars.
Orange and Yellow.

They were both made on the 10/01/2010. (according to their printing)

The yellow one is my main ‘anywhere’ yoyo.
It travels in my car centre console, gets chucked in my pocket with my keys.
I have hit the cement and bitumen a few times with it, it has some scratches on the rim edge.
Nothing too serious.

It is a great yoyo and still well balanced.
I am planning on getting the blue and green ones as soon as finance permits.

So the direct answer is they are not fragile.

D

As long as you dont throw it for 4a you should be fine

I got a Northstar as soon as it was available on this site. It hasn’t cracked on me yet, and I found it to be amazingly stable for a plastic yoyo. However, I’ve never hit it that hard on the sidewalk. It certainly does not feel cheap though, and I don’t think it will crack anytime soon.