Northstar Problem or a YYF problem?

I’m in the market for a new plastic yoyo and I’ve been hearing a lot about the problems people seem to be having with the Northstar. Are these problems restricted to the Northstar or is YYF in general having quality control problems with their plastics? Should I not by a Protostar for fear of it cracking in half or some crap like that?

Only the NorthStar, YYF has many other quality plastics.

From what I’ve heard only the Northstar and Starlite have had problems with cracking.

Ive been playing a protostar forever, and its been holding up just fine. Its beastly, you cant go wrong with one :slight_smile:

That was the opinion of one person and we can guarantee you should have no hesitation in picking up a NorthStar for a couple reasons:

1. We would know if there was a problem - we have sold over 100 NorthStar with one return. The return had absolutely nothing to do with cracking - in fact it seems the postal service may be to blame by putting something too heavy on the box and bending the axle but we can’t confirm that for sure. That or the customer most likely sat on it.

2. YoYoExpert supports any product we sell 100%. If we didn’t we wouldn’t sell it. That means if you buy it and it breaks - especially within the first 1-2 months of play we are here to help you. 99% of the time we can fix what breaks and under extenuating circumstances of definite manufacturing issues we do offer replacements, etc.

3. YoYoFactory also offers incredible customer support. They are all about helping their customers and making sure they have top notch product on the market. If something breaks they are also there to help resolve the issue.

Now with that said there are obviously things that don’t fall under warranty or protection. If you smash the yo-yo into cement off a hard throw then there probably is not a lot we can do for you. But if it breaks off of normal use (which again has NOT happened with the NorthStar in our experience) then we are here to help.

2 Likes

I am a bit biased because I’m not a big fan of YYF but I can tell you that they wouldn’t be in business if they didn’t take care of their customers like they do. Probably the best customer service in the business. With a few isolated problems, I don’t think I would worry. Besides if something does happen to it and it’s not your fault, they won’t hesitate to make it right.

99% of YYF’s quality is bar none. You can take that to the bank.

Besides IF it becomes a big problem YYF will take care of it.