HELP!! CRACKED YOYOFACTORY STARLITE

how do i get this fixed?!
sorry for the crappy quality i took it from my blackberry while in class today.

There won’t be any fixing of that yo-yo without a complete replacement. Talk to YYF.

what if i were to super-glue the sucker, will it work?

No.

How new is this and how did it get such an enormous crack? If it’s fairly new and it just happened, and you didn’t hit it on something hard, YYF will probably be able to work with you.

i got this on monday, i dont know why the crack is so big, my friend was throwing and it hit the floor and i dont know how he managed to damage it that bad

That is the biggest crack i’ve ever seen. Maybe the weight rings were not fitted to the yoyo properly and caused stress on the plastic. no new yoyo should crack from it hitting the floor.
i gonna do some research on cracks.(to see the cause of death.)

With the pictures being unclear its hard to say for sure, but I would hazard a guess that the crack is a stress crack. IF the plastic was under a lot of tension due to shrinkage or other stresses caused during the molding process. A hit that would normally not cause any damage could cause the plastic to crack in just this way. My Protostar has a very small crack or two which do not hinder play that I have noticed. In this instance even with the picture the way it is it doesn’t appear that there is enough surface damage to produce a crack of this size or direction due to impact alone. My opinions are based on 20 years in the jewelry business working primarily with precious metals and limited plastics. However YYF would have to determine if my thoughts are true based on better observations and understandings of their molding process than I have.

all of the new yoyofactory yoyos are made out of realy cheap plastics

23.99…
Ask YYF

And you know this how? That’s a pretty biased statement to make without firsthand knowledge of their production process.

1 Like

well ive heard MANY cases of broken protostars starlights glow die nasty replays and northstars
all of these were cracks and there all recent yoyos by yoyofactory

And I’ve heard MANY cases where there were no problems at all. Also, the glow plastic used in Starlights and Glow Die Nasty’s are different than the plastic used in others. You have no way of knowing if it’s a cheaper plastic or just abuse of the yo-yo. I’m pretty sure that if it were a cheap plastic and was happening to the majority of YYF yo-yo’s in circulation we would have heard something about it by now. Occasionally flawed product will slip through the cracks (forgive the pun). It doesn’t mean they use inferior product. It’s unfair to make a snap judgement that isn’t backed up by facts.

just for the point of this, i threw my northstar AT the ground, as hard as i could, there is nothing but a small bump in he edge of the rim. no problems, it acutally cured the pulsating vibe problem i had. its still my beast 5a throw, but they can be durable. just hit up YYF about the issue.

1 Like

i think it cant be repaired…
it can be caused by sudden change of the temprature…
i’ve seen the simmilar case… i’ve seen the pict from the FaceBook…

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs772.snc4/67280_119640034761751_100001472642680_134897_3416820_n.jpg

its a Nortstar…
the owner said, he put it on the CPU, then at the morning he found his Northstar Cracked…
may be it getting heated from the CPU…

…

This is a lie. I have 3 Northstars and none of them are remotely stressed cracked or broken and Ive been through a lot of crap with them. NONE of them have any damage. Ive even eaten through the rims of one of them with channel locks and no cracking. They are made of very strong plastic. If one breaks email yoyofactory there is no reason to come here lieing about things you have no clue about.

1 Like

Ya, plastic can be funny like that but that is one nasty crack. Your best bet is don’t do anything and get a hold of YYF and see what they can do for you. I’ve heard nothing but great things when it comes to their customer service.

Man, yoyofactory is being cheap with this material.

You’re kidding me, right? YoYoFactory is one of the best producers of plastic yoyos. They have extremely high quality. However, there is no way to have 100% of products be mistake-free with any product ever anywhere anytime anyhow.

1 Like

really. i mean jensen DID win the worlds with one so its got to be bad.(sarcasm)

1 Like