HUGE plastic crack

So i was just doing some horizontal play with my yoyo and BOOM! As it fell sideways i heard the loudest sound on the wooden floor. I thought there would just be a dent, but instead, the yoyo had a crack marking up through one edge of the yoyo into the bearing. I tried throwing some more, but now it makes a really weird sound. I might send a picture of it later, but it happened just now.

What yoyo is that? I am guessing it is a Northstar, based on previous comments.

close, but it is a starlite. pretty much the same thing. I already contacted yoyofactory to see if they will give me a new one or store credit or something like that.

I don’t think they would be willing to compensate you, since the damage was caused by you dropping it onto the floor.

I just got an e-mail from them saying they will send a new starlite yoyo for free. I get to keep the one that cracked too. Sorry, what were you saying?

No need to use sarcasm, to be honest I was thinking the same thing.

Ah, that was unexpected… :o
Wait, does that mean if I damage my yoyofactory yoyos, I would get them for free?

What are you referring to? ???

You guys, yoyofactory DOES replace broken yoyos. Dont be stupid and break a yoyo on purpose to get a new one. Thats just a waste of time.

@Mod105 I was agreeing with you that I didn’t believe they would compenste for the broken yoyo.

@Chris We know, but not usually when it is the fault of the consumer.

Yeah, I thought so too, as usually, the product warranty only covers defective goods, and not damage caused by natural wear and tear, or the consumer.

But they have been encountering a high number of problems with this particular line of yoyo’s. This may be the reasoning behind the replacements.

Cudos to YYF for that.

Exactly

Always thought it was Kudos…