Non yoyo photography

i don’t know dude taking nice photos of the moon is hard (then again I also don’t have any proper lenses for it).

3 Likes

I don’t shoot very much these days, but I used to do a lot of bmx photography!

16 Likes

I know gear doesn’t make the shot. But I still want to know what you used.

5 Likes

Normally I’d agree with you, but for those shots the Nikon P900 and a tripod are doing most the work. It’s a point and click camera designed with an insane zoom. The sensor in it is the same as their cool pix line, and you can’t change lens on it. However it’s fairly cheap for something that can get you that close to the moon

10 Likes

Y’all have me wanting to share more lol
These are pretty much all from my honeymoon a few weeks ago.
I’ve gotten really into still life and product photography because of yoyos - these are from an antique shop in Manistee, MI:

These ones are all from downtown Traverse City, MI and the Grand Traverse Butterfly House and Bug Zoo:

17 Likes

That awkward moment when superman steals your bike then flies off with it…

17 Likes

Oh wow @shatterFX, those are some nice shots! Love the bees!
And butterflies are a super pain in the ### to get good shots of in my experience!

3 Likes

The big blue ones would literally not land, and if you came within 10 feet they would take off - was such a pain to get a picture of them. A lot of the other ones though would stay still for me on a flower or something though lol

4 Likes

I guess here are some not moon shots.

12 Likes

I was using a Sony NEX3 back then. Still one of my favorite cameras to this day.

4 Likes

Those are all some great pics. The moon shots are really great.

9 Likes

I’m bumping this up, because everyone should look at all these gorgeous shots again. Seriously, mad respect to everyone on here.

9 Likes

Went and shot some video with a buddy, but I always like snapping a few photos in there

10 Likes

What’s your go to setup these days?

2 Likes

Canon T6i w/ 50mm f/1.8 for most photos (I think these were shot at f/4 or 4.5), 24mm f/2.8 for video and landscapes
Currently saving up to upgrade my camera and I also want to get a gimbal really bad

3 Likes

I also use a T6i with the 50mm. I also have 18mm-55mm f/3.5-5.6 that came with it. The thirst for an upgrade is very really, especially for something mirrorless and full frame.

You ever see Randy Blythe’s Instagram feed? He uses a Leica, and quite a few of his shots have really sold me on them. It helps that he is incredibly talented behind the lens.

2 Likes

Edit, its melted cheese from a pizza on an oven tray. It was standing up like that when I went to wash it.

8 Likes

A few from this weekend’s shoot

8 Likes

haha that is one hell of a happy dog! You can see it in his eyes! :heart:

2 Likes

babyhopper

10 Likes