Non yoyo photography

Tyler everything I see of yours is top notch. Multiple times I’ve seen you post a shot, and instantly said to myself “I really need to step up my game”.

2 Likes

Eclipsed “blood” moon I took with my telescope a while ago.

Have you tried Jupiter yet? Might be able to get some detail there with just a good camera. Might be able to see the rings of Saturn too.

12 Likes

They way the moon is lit up there is so ominous. I’ll have to try Jupiter and Saturday, anything I’ve tried with constellations I’ve been super unsatisfied with.

Those are killer! What are you using to capture?

1 Like

@witchgrinder Thank you! I use a Nikon D7200. 50-200 mm lens with my cheap little tripod.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Dude thank you so much! Your moon pictures are crazy good dude! I wish I had a better lens for astrophotography - what do you use?

1 Like

Your telescope takes pictures? Well that’s awesome

You’re gonna have to have a scope to get any detail out of deep space objects like star clusters, galaxies, and nebulas. Unless you have a motorized tracking scope deep space objects will all be in grey scale and look like ghosts. My favorite deep space object is the great Orion Nebula. This nebula is one of the few deep space objects that gives a sense of depth. With a decent scope you can get remarkable detail from Saturn and Jupiter. I use an app to track the movements of Jupiter’s moons. Every now and then I can catch one or two of Jupiter’s moons casting a shadow onto the planet. This is one of the greatest senses of depth in planetary astronomy that I’ve seen. It amazing to see Jupiter, Jupiter’s moons, and moon shadows on Jupiter at the same time. You feel like you can see the sun out of your peripheral or something. Depending on the angle the rings of Saturn can be neat too. I can get enough detail to see the shadow of the rings cast onto the planet and can pick out the Cassini division in the rings.

4 Likes

For the moon stuff I use a Nikon Coolpix P900. It’s relatively cheap for an all in one that can get that close to the moon. I use a Canon T6i for normal stuff though.

2 Likes

It’s only iPhone quality on Pano but I like this. It’s the Garden of the Gods park here in Colorado Springsimage

16 Likes

Phones these days take a pretty decent shot.

I definitely feel like they made a lot of point and click cameras obsolete.

9 Likes

Not the best, but not terrible.

13 Likes

I took this sometime when I was in highschool for a photography class. Always liked it :man_shrugging::sun_with_face:

13 Likes

Okay fine I’ll play

13 Likes

That’s what I like to hear.

Since y’all seem to enjoy long exposure

15 Likes

Night time photography is one of my favorites, I really want to goof off in a city at night after a heavy rain. Make for killer shots

1 Like

All these night images were taken on foggy nights - after the rain has passed, the ambient light disperses like an airbrush stream in the sky

1 Like

oooh I love taking photos here’s a few I took on my trip to northern Arizona!

I took over spring break!

17 Likes

Awesome shots, Abby. I really need to step my game up. Everyone in here is killing it.

2 Likes