Non wanted binds

my steel shutter is binding whenever I hop out of a green triangle. any tips?

2 Likes

Hello Levi, welcome along.

On a basic analysis- too much lube maybe, clean and run dry bearing.
Hope you find your answer :raised_hands:

2 Likes

try keeping tension on the string when you exit, some GTs are super touchy.

3 Likes

Try using thinner string?
The gap width of it is 3.61mm which is much smaller than most full sized yoyos. Kitty Normal would be good. I play a lot of small yoyos and always use Kitty Normal or their size equivalent. Thicker string would rub against the pad and cause the yoyo to bind.

How does it play btw?

4 Likes

Might be too much lube in the bearing. Might just be the response. The only yo-yo I have that gives me the same issue is my kuntosh. It doesn’t like green triangles. If I end up in one I have to be sure my string tension is tight. Any bit of slack when I throw it out will bind it.

3 Likes

thanks I will try thinner string. it plays pretty smooth, the weight feels quite concentrated as it is full stainless steel. It hurts a lot when it hits your hand though. hope that helped.

2 Likes

yes, I don’t have to much experience lubing bearings so I might of over lubed it. also I haven’t always had this problem so that would probably be it. thanks

1 Like

Thanks, will try that.

1 Like

yes, that might work, will try it. thanks

1 Like

Once you determine it is in fact totally unresponsive; lube, string, and such, I think this is great advice. Remember the intention is for the Steel Shutter to hone your skills. The A bearing and inherent smaller gap, are part of the design to foster clean play.

1 Like

yes, that is good advice as my GTs are definitely not perfect. thanks