Next yoyo to purchase?

I just got a capless and threw in a concave, it plays like a dream. Every C3 throw comes with one thin yellow kitty string, which is perfect for C3 throws. I would definitely recommend it.

If you don’t want to spend too much money and want a good metal, I’d recommend the Duncan Raptor. I just got one in a trade and it plays up there with the $100+ dollar throws. If you have more than $50 bucks to spend then I’d recommend an Avalanche, Chief, Arctic Circle, Catalyst, Supernova, or Dang.

Recommending 139$ throws to a guy for his first metal is always questionable…

Sorry, but for the last bit, about the Dark Magic, I completely, whole heartedly disagree. The Dark Magic, in my humble opinion, is most definitely not a step up from the Protostar. More like a step down.

Cafe Racer from One Drop, a nice step up.

I have ordered several types of string and many versions to try them out, and bulk of them being kitty string… I also ordered a trifecta bearing to throw into the capless… Will this diminish the quality of the throw? I I have zero experience with a trifecta bearing, and so even if I don’t use it on the capless, I can always throw it into something special down the road.

I wrote down everyone’s recommendations down though, so whenever I want to step up from the capless I will have plenty of ideas!

My major fear is that my protostar has hit the ground a couple of times (and the cap that contained all the threads snapped off a couple days ago)… Anyways, I am kind of fearful that if the capless hits the ground by accident, and it will be all dented and off balance and will play Terribly sorry this has been my major reason for steering from metals for a while.

Any thoughts?

My favorite throw is a Capless, which I currently use kitty string and a Trifecta in. You’ll love it

I am in agreement.

Once someone can bind and has determined to themself that they will be around for a while, then money is a secondary concern. Even so I’d feel better recommending something under $90 for someone’s first metal, and less if I can. Lots of amazing stuff at $65 and under, even down lower than that.

I don’t feel the Raptor plays at a $100 level, but it plays around $80. Excellent stuff. Kinda borning, but it performs amazing. I’m so glad I have one.

for your first metal id recommend a yoyofactory (h.o.t./ genesis are my fav.) they are cheap, smooth, and reliable, all around great for there price
My first metal was a 888 in 07