Next Purchases

I honestly don’t know what my next purchase will be. It depends on how you want to define a few things.

Right now, I’m in the typical “client late with the check” pattern. If I get the check, one of the first things I’m doing is settling up with a store for two items they are holding for me, then they’ll ship all the stuff I’ve previously paid for, plus those two items, plus a hard drive, since I’m doing a video transfer for the guy. It wont’ arrive in time for Nationals. I’m not concerned.

The next, if I can swing it(if that check arrives), I’ve got a used Gelada in mint condition I’m gonna spring for. No way this will arrive in time for Nationals.

At Nationals, I gotta clear up a purchase with a vendor there, plus get some new goodies. That my be the next purchase. There was an inventory glitch, so an item I wanted was not actually in stock, so I have a credit at the moment, which has been reduced by tossing an item into that order. So, I still have credit, so I’ll use that towards one item, plus I may purchase a few other items. I actually requested the initial order to be held in the first place as I new a new item was coming so why make 2 shipments? With the unexpected change, I decided “hey, you know, I really don’t need any of this right this second anyways, so could I just pick it up at Nationals?” and the answer was “you bet”.

Concentrating on stuff I want to get at Nationals only:
General Yo Prestige, B-grade only. Maybe 2 if I can afford it. I think my boy deserves a General Yo, although oddly enough, those are ones in my case he never touches.
Clear Rally. 2 if I can, one for me, one for my kid. His first One Drop.(If I can, I’m gonna see about getting him a Gnarwal for Christmas)

If I can afford to do so:
C3 Speedaholic, 1 of each color, but 2 in blue, as one is for my kid. He chose blue. If I’m short on funds, I’ll just get my kid a blue one for the time being.

Duncan Strix would be lowest on my priority list for Nationals. I mean, I could just wait it out and get it at YYE later on.

If YYE has a booth, I’m stopping by. Not sure if I’m getting anything, I don’t want to play politics, but hey, if the price is right and I have cash, who knows…

Most of my other wants are more “common” items, so nothing I need to worry about getting “right this second”. Anything else are new items not yet released or in production, or items that have not shipped yet to retailers for resale.

So, I have stuff queued to be paid off, a BST to finish, a credit to use up, and then flat out purchases. I’m not trying to complicate things.

70 Toxics

From YYE

Yeti (maybe multiple?)
Valor
Bonfire
Another Chief, Arctic Circle and/or MvB2
Another Rally

I really want the Gold Canvas

Augie Fash’s Yo-Yo when it comes out!

1 Like

either yoyofficer gravity or yyr aeronaut, pair of loopers, pair of either alpha crashes or speedaholics maybe for my friend, more lube, string and what not… when? idk, probably before christmas … where? maybe YYE, maybe not… pretty sure not the bst

Just bought a Yeti so thats off the list. Now to save for black friday!
I would like to get:
Gnarwhal 2
Bonfire
A colored Yeti
Rally
Maybe an Aluminum Freehand
Speedaholic
Barracuda
And more.
Also want the “secret” proto Palli is using. I’m guess its the Chuck sig but who knows.

Well, I thought about it, and I’m going to get the Prestige, and maybe the Bonfire down the line. The thing about the Prestige is…

Well, we all have a belly button. And, the Prestige kind of has a cute belly button looking thingie in the hub area. Honestly, that’s the reason I decided I had to have it. :slight_smile: That feature sold the yo-yo. :smiley:

2 Likes

Neon kitty string pack and 2 or 3 pads for my shutter.

General-Yo Prestige - Orange boo
General-Yo Prestige - Purple sage

If I can grab them before they sell out

I own a few of those, and they are great hats, so you don’t want to miss this one. I’m glad YYE is carrying them…great quality.

There are a lot of yoyos I’m sort of interested right now with a couple of them being currently available (“available”) retail. Honestly right now I’d really just like to have 5-10 more 10balls. Bearings don’t make or break a yoyo but I do get a fair bit more enjoyment out of yoyos once they have a 10ball or terrapin in them and I’ve acquired some yoyos I really love lately that have stolen 10balls out of some of my other favorites and I’d like them all to have my favorite bearing in them. Used up all my YYSL and have made the decision to work through all my old Gstring, highlights and other stuff before I buy anything else but some Venom will be the next string purchase likely in a few months depending how quickly I burn through the highlights.

I ordered 1 of these hats , should get here on Friday . Any advice on breaking it in faster ? I want mine to look like a ball players hat , not a hip hop star.

This made me laugh so incredibly hard I can’t thank you enough

TiWalker on the way. #4

I’m curious which one you chose. It’s not easy! I got the one with the red patch on one half that says Duncan in a lot of places and has the little yo-yo guy on the front. I also got the subtle black one that says genuine Duncan yo-yo on the front. I didn’t go for the huge Duncan name on the front in the red or black.

I wish I could help you with the break in, but I don’t bend it, and wear it stock how it comes, and more of a hip hop star I guess. 8) After all, I did write the YoyoFactory song. :wink: There are a ton of videos on Youtube if you do a search. I’ve seen people dampen the hat bill, then squeeze it around a bottle with a rubberband around it to hold it there, and let it sit overnight. :-\

Let us know what you think of it when it arrives.

You have great taste in hats . I ordered the black one with the genuine circle, and I’m planning on getting the one with the cartoon yoyo guy.

1 Like

:smiley:

Okay, not to totally de-rail the thread, I was really considering one of the Duncan logo hats. I actually am hoping to get a Rally come the holiday time. I am still iffy on spending what is going to amount to about $16.00 after shipping on a speed-a-holic, I guess that isn’t THAT bad, but I am going to see Haywyre on Oct. 12 and probably should pinch up those pennies since that’s on non-payday weekend.

3 Likes

Hahahaha thanks for a great lol that hat short was some sort of funny.

^^ LOL I laughed so hard , That was great . Thank you