newspaper

Last week a reporter from the local newspaper contacted me to do a story about the yoyo club I run at the school. He came on Thursday and took lots of pictures and even asked some of the kids some questions for the article. It was a good day for him to show up also since Takeshi was there to promote the upcoming Indiana contest. Yesterday the reporter interviewed me about the club, the contest, and about yoyos in general. Both he and his editor seemed genuinely interested in yoyos and he said that he wants to send somebody to the contest to cover that also. The article should appear in the Sunday paper tomorrow morning, which means that more people will see it than normally would.
I’ll find the article online when it comes out or scan the article and post it here for you all to see.

Wow, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the yoyo club article made the front page of the local newspaper. You can’t read the whole article, but it’s here: http://www.reporter-times.com/
I’ll scan the page tomorrow and post it here for you all to read.

Nice, where was this, and which one is you in the pic? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think it will be in my paper as it propably is only in the indiana news. And the sight says i need to log into some acount which i don’t have… I’d really apreciate it if you could post a copy.

I’ll post the article tomorrow. It’s only local news so it wouldnt appear in other papers. Also, I’m the one with my head turned on the left side of the picture.

That’s really cool man! It’s so awesome to hear the yoyo community is getting some recognition. How long have you been doing this club?

That’s awesome man, really. I wish we had something around here, but as far as I know, there’s not much of a yoyo scene.