Newbie Tricks

I just bought my first yoyos about last weekend, One and Whip.

Ive been just… throwing it arround but not trying any trick… so i went into internet browsing through sites wich suggested nice tricks for beginners and stuff.

But Id like to hear from you… What tricks would you recommend me, also a link with a video or tutoriual would be nice, cause Ive seen some tricks 3 times with different names… so… to learn it the right way.

Thanks everyone!

try basic tricks that includes: rock the baby, elevator, robin hood(you would probably use the one for that), and Eiffel Tower. If you get better and want to start string tricks, try brain twister, trapeze, double or nothing, and maybe split the atom.

Just click on the learn tab and start there. After you master the tricks here start making your own.

The best thing would be just use this sites learn tab (top left). learn all the beginner stuff and the most important thing is to really get comfortable with different mounts and how they work (he teaches different mounts through out all the tutorials. After a while u can then just make up ur own stuff or learn all the tricks they have here

as most everyone has stated already use the learn tab on this website. The guy in the video does a good job explaining all the tricks and if there is one you are having trouble with just search for it on youtube. Ive only been yoyo’ing for about a week and i have just been using the learn tab on here and the videos are great!!

click on the learn tab in the top left corner. andres pure awesomeness at his yoyo and makes it really clear to understand

Also, they can be very comedic at times, because there was no editing lol Still Andre is a very talented yoyo and comedy genius and you will also learn a lot. After you get through all the tricks under advanced then you can hop around to other sites with tutorials on them that they may not have on YYE, but one of our members on here (BezerkeleyDude) has graciously put together an archive with almost every yoyo tutorial on the web and is under ‘Yo-Yo Tricks’ on here with the title “Download Video Tutorials Here”. Good luck, and if you ever have questions about a trick feel free to ask, everyone is very friendly and helpful here. Good luck and welcome to the yoyo community.