Newbie needs help

i just got into yo yoing and i bought a Duncan Mosquito and i think it sucks. i need advice on buying a different yo yo. i only have 15 dollar and want a good one for my money. i also want to buy different color strings. please help.

Well the mosquito is a good yoyo but I recommend the kick side or fast 201 and I would get yellow polyester string or whatever string color you like

The yoyo is actually pretty good, rather than go get another yoyo (Mi has a great review of the Kickside here in the Review section, so if that is more up your alley, do it) You could clean your bearing, go buy some play-doh at Wal-Mart and then open the halves of the mosquito, pack the halves with play-doh then screw the halves back together and take some of your mom’s clear nail polish and paint around the edge, let it dry and then put a second coat on it. Now since you only have $15, use that to buy a pack of Duncan Silicone Stickers from this site, replace the stock rubber stickers with only one silicone stick ($5.88 subtotal thus far) and then order some strings from here, the 100% polyester strings are nice so pick up 3 5 packs ($10.38 subtotal) then the $5 for shipping and you are at ~$15.38

That is what I did to all of my Mosquitos, now they are all heavy enough to give nice long spins and no play-doh comes out :smiley: Now of course like I said you could spend $15 on a Kickside and then pay $5 for shipping, but then you are already strongly over budget and you didn’t get strings OR replacement pads, just do whatever you feel is best.

Also, this post most appropriately belongs in the “Looking for Help/Recommendation” section. If you want to move the thread there yourself and save our mods the hassle of doing it anyhow, scroll to the bottom of the page and use the move button to place the thread and all of it’s replies in the correct section. Thanks, welcome to the forum, and I hope this helped :smiley: