New Yyf Whip

Is it possible to make the responsive yyf whip unresponsive like the original one? I would love another whip but want the unresponsive play. Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Yes you just need to put a full size c bearing in.

5 Likes

Yes and you may or may not need to switch out the pads. I have had some that came with flush pads and others that came with the thicker pads. Either way, it is still a standard 19mm pad and easy to swap out.

The whip is great as unresponsive. Lots of fun!

Also noted that the axle is plenty long enough for a standard size C bearing.

3 Likes

Thanks! Im going to give it a try this afternoon!

1 Like

Confirmed, just a C size bearing , nothing else. I do it all the time and the little bugger rips!!

I thought they were making a YYF Whip 2 from reading the title. I was kinda excited. A polycarb or delrin would be awesome.

4 Likes

@Yooo I thought that too. I play mine unresponsive all the time. Easy to change the bearing without a tool. I didn’t have to change the pads. I really like the feel of the plastic on the whip. Almost waxy to my touch.

2 Likes

I honestly hope they make another run of the pld ones. I would try a metal one to.

1 Like

Mine still snagged with a full sized c and I ended up siliconing it.

What did you use? I tried that one time and it wasnt fun at all.

For the whip I used permatex flowable. I’ve also had good results with red RTV in the past.

Whether it’s flowable or rtv, I always drag a plastic card (or spoon for more recessed response), angled away from the bearing seat, around the response area to level it off immediately after application on each half. The important thing is to level each half before it has a chance to cure. (I’ve caused problems for myself when siliconing multiple yoyos and deciding I would just work quickly and pour silicone into all the halves and then level all the halves.)

3 Likes