New Yoyo

I like neon green string the best, it looks good with pretty much everything. orange is also a nice color for most throws especially black colored throws.

will a 4 Pack - Flow Groove Pads be necessery? man how this order came from a pack of strings to a 80$ order lol…
should i go with normal kitty or fat kitty for my rally?

Since it sounds like you dont know how to silicone.

Get a Rally…

Any NEON colored Kitty string, neon is always better/brighter…

Get a bottle of lube, not necessary but you might want some…

get a 4 pack of Flow Groove pads

With that order you will go FAR…

Well from my experience the Rally is a very good yoyo with a better bearing.

In your case, to save money on the long term, I would go ahead and order your lube, strings and 4 pack of Flow Groove Pads, just so you don’t have to worry about stuff for quite some time. The good news is flow groove pads last a LONG time!

The accessories kick the prices up a bit. I find that unless I just need accessories, I try to bundle those into an order that includes a yoyo.

Take it from someone who tried the rally yesterday from Paul Dang for quite awhile. Get yourself a rally.

The Rally has gotten nothing but praise, but I haven’t used it. The Brave is amazing! I compared it side by side with a Chief. the Chief lost. I like the dm2 a lot, just because it’s organic and floaty. So take your pick, these are my favorites.

Get a rally, some pads, and NEON yellow string. It has the best visibility by FAR on stage. It’s kind of accepted as the standard… I wouldn’t worry about lube to be honest. Use the money to buy a OD 10 ball.

Clarification:

The Rally uses a OD bearing, but it’s their budget 8 ball bearing, which is still really nice. This was done to keep the price lower. The 10 Ball is soother and I’ve found it to be a better performing bearing over the 8 ball.

You might want to consider shaped bearings as well, but the OD 10 ball would be my recommendation for this yoyo.

So I’m getting the rally and I want to get a spare bearing incase something something happens
and the string-centering bearings caught my attention so I have two options

1. the cbc center trac bearing which then i’ll get a yyf one champions collection and get the yoyo and the bearing for 1$ cheaper than the bearing alone
  2. the grooved crucial bearing for 8$
    its going to go one the rally mainly (and maybe sometimes on the whip) but mostly on the Rally
    Thanks!

Yes, I know. I probably should’ve been clearer… The stock bearing is okay, but a 10 ball is far better. I know it’s still made by onedrop but their generic 8 ball is… Normal. I’ve tried many different bearings in the rally already, and the 10 ball was my favorite by far. I meant to say he SHOULD buy a 10 ball above all else with the order. And string too. Sorry for any confusion in my post!

I want to get a spare bearing incase something something happens
and the string-centering bearings caught my attention so I have two options

1. the cbc center trac bearing which then i’ll get a yyf one champions collection and get the yoyo and the bearing for 1$ cheaper than the bearing alone
  2. the grooved crucial bearing for 8$
    its going to go one the rally mainly (and maybe sometimes on the whip) but mostly on the Rally
    Thanks!

I would HIGHLY recommend you do not get a string centering bearing, as unless you are going for a sleeper record, it will not be helping you in any way.

String centering bearings are gimmicks in the yoyo world and pretty much a waste of money.
I have thrown for a very VERY long time and have found these bearings to be anything but a help to my throwing.
Some of them cause bunching up within the insides that not only can cause some slip/snag issues, but also tend to cause suicides not to open as well. Take it from me, you are better off with a stock flat bearing, and it is all you will ever need.

Best of luck!

Haru

Just get the CT with the one. Then you have a good bearing and a new yoyo.

but some people said the stock bearing on the rally is a let-down… so you think i should order the 10-ball onedrop bearing and no the yyf One with center trac or a crucial grooved bearing?

no need to upgrade to a grooved bearing. if you want to upgrade get a 10 ball from OD. i have several and they rock. im sure the stock bearings are fine in the rally. OD make high quality stuff.

I immediately changed the bearing in my Rally.

Since I really liked the bearing that came with the Surge (Comes stock with a 10 ball), I just swapped out their bearings.

Lol sorry, I can’t help but just have a okay on words.
“Upgrade to a grooved bearing”
Idk. I don’t consider it an upgrade if it enables you, which, when moving to a flat bearing, you may notice some changes in play, considering the bearing would no longer help you keep the string straight.

Choose the OD 10 ball, for sure! It’s a roller coaster of noise, ranging from dead silent to a mental screech, but once it’s broken in, it’s surely a monster.
Three bearing in the Rally wasn’t half bad, but 10ball > budget 8ball