New Yoyo

Ok thanks. Any more comments about which one is better?

Surge all the way man. The surge has weight but good weight. Not sluggish…

And… The Surge has more colors available than the OneStar. ::slight_smile:

The color is not a problem since I really like the black onestar…
Any more opinions on which one is better? maybe someone who has both? :stuck_out_tongue:

Get the yo-yo you want bud. Ultimately, it’s you who is going to buy it and play with it. Decide which one fits your preferences more and choose. Good luck buddy.

Yeah this is true, if you like the black Onestar by all means get it, I’m sure it is a great yo-yo. Plus the shape is different, since you have been throwing a organic shape yo-yo all this time, perhaps trying a new shape will be more refreshing. :smiley:

I have a onestar and it has a really nice shape, its like h shape. For a plastic spins a long time. Its a little light, but that’s okay. Its a good throw.

I have a Surge and a One Star. Both are great. Surge is better in my opinion. It’s heavier and plays nice. You can do any trick on this yo-yo.

But isn’t the surge too big? It looks pretty huge and I don’t really want too big yoyo, also, 70 gram isn’t too heavy? most good yoyos are 65/66 gram no? and I’m used to 56 grams of the whips and I pretty like this weight, but it may be too light so maybe the 62 of onestar will be ok, maybe the 70 will be good too, but idk its just seems too heavy and look pretty huge with 58 diameter…
what about the small gap? alot of people said the surge has too small gap…

Yet none of that really feels that way.

It really doesnt play all that heavy and doesnt feel overwhelmingly big

And dont listen to “Mynameiszen”, when he says the gap is too small. it is a regular sized gap

and which shape is better?
btw, My yyf whip is considered a very light one at 56 grams and I like this weight, don’t you think 70 grams will be too heavy? because the Onestar is 62 so its just 6 more but the Surge is 14 grams heavier…
and I think the size of the whip is nice at 54mm so the onestar is 55 and the surge is 58,
I just afraid i’ll get the surge and it will be too heavy and big (maybe those few mm won’t matter) but the weight is 14grams different and I afraid it won’t be good…

It’s not a big deal.

70 grams won’t make your arm fall off.

The extra weight adds stability and Spin time.

The size gives more room for better landings.

You’ll like it ok?

and I also viewed the specs in the store and the gap in my whip is 4.57mm and on surge 3.55… and i Couldn’t find the gap of the onestar, but its like the protostar which is 4.43… its about 1/4 shorter of a gap… people said they gonna use shims in almost every thread on this yoyo and even the guy who suggested it to me at the first page here…won’t it effect play? as im pretty beginner…won’t it make it harder for me?

Again I would recommend the Surge, the reason why is because of the weight, it is good for you, since again, it gives the yo-yo stability which you need as a beginner and a longer sleep time, which also helps when you are a beginner. The gap doesn’t really matter at this point, it may snag perhaps if you go to fast, but since your a beginner I don’t believe you really have to be worried about that. The shims if you choose to buy it , are basically like spacers they should not effect the play of the yo-yo as long as you put them in correctly and you don’t over-tighten your yo-yo. It is simple to put in, when I bought the Surge it was actually my first time trying shims and I was able to put them in, all you have to do is snap them around the bearing seat, after that you just re-assemble the yo-yo as you usually would. However if you do have problems you know you can always come to us for help. :wink:

However it seems like you want to get the Onestar, since your making excuses as why you shouldn’t get a Surge. This is fine, just because we suggest that you get the Surge doesn’t mean you have to, get the Onestar, you have wanted it from the beginning, trust your gut and get it. The Onestar is a fantastic yo-yo for you and I am sure the new shape will be fun for you since you have been playing and organic shaped all this time, why not add some variety and get a V-shaped Onestar. I’m sure whatever yo-yo you choose will play great for you. Good luck on your choice! :smiley:

You seem like you want the One Star more than a Surge. If that’s the case, get a One Star.

To be honest, the shape of the One Star is really nice in the hand. If it being a bit light is not a problem for you, then a One Star is perfect. It’s all preference. If the One Star fits you better, then it’s your choice.

You say you are used to a 56 gram throw, so when you get a heavier yoyo, you will be pleasantly surprised. At 56 grams, the Whip is just too light to get really great spin times out of it. That to me was the biggest downfall of the Whip: It’s just too light to be effective for long combos and more advanced stuff. Even at 62 grams, the OneStar is very light.

And when you say most good yoyos are 65/66 grams, you are sorely mistaken. While a good percentage of today’s yoyos are in that weight range, there are plenty of good throws outside that range. Look at YYR for example. The Dreadnought, Z-On, and Dreadnought G are some of the best throws on the market, and are considered to be big and heavy.

Seriously, just try the Surge. It plays great, and you really ought to get something heavier than the Whip. None of your fears about the Surge are really problems. You’ll end up falling in love! :slight_smile:

Ok, i think i will get the surge…but will it be problem not getting shims for it? if it really will get it better I think i will be able to order shims too…
BTW which color should I order my new yoyo? :smiley:

No it shouldn’t really be a problem, the only reason to get shims is if you are worried about the gap being too small, but in reality it isn’t. The only reason I put them in mine is because I had bought them and so I might as well use them, but I didn’t really have to, the Surge played well before I even put them in. As for color…Well I chose the blue body with yellow caps, it looks like the color of the first run theory which I always liked. However the color is completely preference, so it is up to you. Have fun once you get the Surge. :wink:

Oh and here is a picture of the colors they don’t show on the shopping page:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1011330_626665787346284_1768752462_n.jpg

Actually you might want to wait a little bit because I just checked YoYoJam’s facebook and there is going to be a restock on Surge with some new colors. :o

Here’s a picture:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1045101_635925966420266_1558886245_n.jpg

Yay neon green one just like my whip :slight_smile:
I think i’ll take either the neon green, the white or one of the oranges :slight_smile:
and are you sure i shouldn’t order a pair of shims? is it removable? if so I might order it just to try. what you think?