New yoyo design, what do you guys think? Full Views Added

Spiked hub view
;D
(thanks wildcat)

cross section

cross section view (for Apostle)

Alright heres the design with a smoother transition (as suggested by apostle)

This quite possibly be the final yoyo design

Front view

side view

full view

cutout (of full yoyo Areas filled in black are)
(the filled in black area is where the bearing will go (it wont fill up that whole area however) and the grey is where the axel will go

here are the dimensions
Weight=66g
Width=~44 (without bearing) and up to ~48.5 (with bearing)
Gap=~4.5
Diameter=~56

Nice http://theyo.com/yoyo/images/smilies/icon_super.gif

Well yet again I have made edits

The specs are essentially the same, but now the total width is about 44 mm

Front-Side View

Side View

Full view

Thanks wildcat :smiley:

Honestly I think the second to last one looked better. Maybe if you balance out the width between the last two? I think it would look proportionally better (Diameter to Width).

alright, ill see what i can do. Or i might just go with the second one, I’m kinda interested in a really wide yoyo.

Make sure your doing what YOU want though. You don’t have to listen to us. :slight_smile:

That’s what Im probably going to do, I just looked at the second to last design again, and decided that 48.5 is not that bad for the width.
What do you think (I sourcing you guys Because i want to get the best possible yoyo that I can and you guys have more experience than I do.)

What program did you use?

That is the Emachineshop CAD program.

Well, there’s also that fine line of balance between a product designed for personal usage only vs something one may wish to market. But I do agree that the designer should come first. Accept input from the public, but don’t give in t every demand and suggestion. Unless you’re One Drop doing another CODE project.

Thanks!
So far I’ve mainly given into suggestions that will effect performance, while trying to keep the design my own.
But thanks for the tips :smiley:

Alright yet another update

this so far is my favorite design

(just a warning the cross section looks kinda strange but the 3d looks cool) Specs are the same

and heres the back