New yoyo advise

Hey fellow yo-yo’ers.

I’ve been yoyoing for about 1.5 years now and have been lurking these forums but never posted anything :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m looking for another yoyo, but i’m afraid that it will play/feel like yoyo’s that i already have. So my question is; which yoyo do you recommend me to get that has a DIFFERENT kind of play/feeling then these:

Yoyofriends raytracer - stability & power
yoyofriends hummingbird - pure speed
yoyofriends magpie - speedy wide throw
unparraled corruption - pure speed
c3yoyodesign edolass - stability & speed
evan nagao Ko’olau Edge - allround mono?
brandon vu variant - just a fun plastic
gentry’s replay pro - stable plastic
c3design gamma crash - speedy bimetal. least favorite because its unstable as hell for some reason.

As you can see i have a bit of every playstyle, nonetheless im curious to see what you come up with.
Thanks in advance, and keep on yoyo’ing! :smiley:

3 Likes

Looks like it’s time for an organic! G2 Life; OD MMC, Gauntlet, or Overture; Recess Joyride; O-Ting if you can find it.

9 Likes

Might wanna throw Batsquatch in there. But I’ll say that personally my go to chill throw is my Life with a well maintained bearing and some thick soft string. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would suggest either an organic or another plastic in there. I would suggest the Pdxyo Batsquatch. For plastic, either the SF PLSTC, antidote or the Dove. With PLSTC and dove plays more differenrly compared to the variant than antidote.

4 Likes

Something tiny? Mighty Flea & up. Something big? C3 H5, loved mine, wish I kept it.

Something with hub stacks or matador spikes?

1 Like

Yes, that too! So many good ones.

3 Likes

Hey @BINDorDIE,

Welcome!
(I know you said you have been lurking for a while, but welcome to the dialogue :slight_smile:)

I think having a great EDC mono that you can carry around with you that performs and powerful.
I recommend the SF Cadence ES which is currently my favourite monometal right now that I carry everywhere with me. (@sfyoyos)

For no-metal I can also recommend G2 Banshee SS. (@G2_Jake)

For wide yoyos with a 1:1 ratio for something unique.
There is OPYOYO 543 that is currently on 25% off for a few days & the MK1 Umbra just about to come out. (@chaosgow & @MarkD)

Also seeing as your like the Hummingbird, Raytracer, and the magpie, I would recommend a plastic that performs like a Dove which is a Delrin which you have to try as well. Amazing material super hard wearing. (@Mazdarx7FD)

Finally, I noticed that you don’t have a titanium.
If you want to try a new material, try the T-I-Vayder, there are still a few left in stock on their website, and they are one of the cheapest Titanium yoyo you can get into at $140 but at the same time being a legendary yoyo. It’s in my view a must have in your collection. (@codinghorror)

:wave:

4 Likes

Get the best of both worlds. Something big and something organic. That “something” being the Reticulated Return Tops Burm. I own one myself its suuuper fun. Gotta love the sound it makes.

4 Likes

Thanks alot for the responses guys! :smiley:

A lot of yoyo’s to look at! Now comes the time to choose. :+1:

1 Like

2nd the Burm if you’re looking for something out of the ordinary

3 Likes

The YYF Skyline, especially if you don’t have a hubstacked throw. The yoyo is great even without them. Gives you a feel for yoyoing 10 years ago, and it easily holds up to today.

2 Likes

A Markmont Classic would be where I would start. I think it is the perfect organic yoyo for someone with a collection like yours.

2 Likes

I’ve got my eyes on the Batsquatch and the Markmont Classic. Can’t decide…
So far I like bi-metals more then mono’s because of the stability+power. Just wondering if the price difference is worth it :stuck_out_tongue:

Just saying, you could get a Markmont Classic and a Skyline for the same price as the Batsquatch

The Markmont Classic is very stable for an organic. That’s why I recommend it to players who prefer performance throws like I do. The Batsquatch is also a fantastic choice, but I worry that it may not feel different enough from your other yoyos to make it the first choice for meeting your stated goals for this purchase.

I second the MMC. I have 9 of them and they are phenomenal.

It’s tough to go against the MMC recommendation. I would say a Virtuoso plays very different from most of your collection. It has a competition shape, but plays light, floaty and extremely controllable. It’s my favorite monometal and has a unique feel.