New Yo-yo Help

Hey guys,
So I’m thinking of getting a new yo-yo and wanted to know which yo-yo you guys think fits my preference. I’ve stopped limiting myself to a certain company so you guys can choose any.

The list of questions are courtesy to the one and only Samad (thanx).

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)

2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)

3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)

4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?

5. What weight is ideal to you?

6. Does color matter?

7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do? Fast? Technical? Smooth? Slacks?)

8. What is your price range?

9. What is your skill level?

10. Small

11. Round, Maybe flat rims (not sure)
    3. Anything BUT hybrid and oring

12. No modding! Just a yo-yo that I eventaully replace its response

13. Anything above 65 grams

14. Color matters

15. Like slacks and lacerations

16. $65-110

17. Advance Part 2

If you recommend a yo-yo and have the time, please put some pros and cons. Thanks guys!

The DV888 is screaming at you. Its a fantastic yoyo.

Already have it… haha i know im in love with it. Its mah baby!

Try the 888x or BOSS, I’m sure you will love it.

1 Like

the boss is overated get the 888x

No it isn’t. If anything the 888x is more overated than anything, and just because it may be overated to you, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t buy it.

youll figure out your own stlye as you progress. A lighter, smaller yoyo is idea for speed, and precision, stability and long spins are found with h-shaped yoyos. … And so on and so forth. Get something like the Dark Magic, then branch out from there. the further into yoyoing you get, the more pickey you will become about yoyo choice. but, As your style developes, so will the yoyos you use. Mods are for those who like to mantian a yoyo, aor REALLY like one aspect of a yoyo, but not another, and there for change it. FOr example, I dispise double- oring response. so I k- pad or silicone it. find your own style… the sky’s the limit! :wink:
But as long as your asking for a recommondation…Get the Bassalope, or any CLYW. they are the best yoyos out there. they will treat you VERY well.

1 Like

i completely agree with SR.both the boss and 888x are fantastic and seem to fit your preferences perfectly.i have both.the only difference is that the 888x dosent sleep very long so if you take hubstacks off and put nubs on youll find that the yoyo is much quieter and spins a minut faster.on the other hand the boss is equaly perfect and youll find that the shape is very similar to the 888x’s.only difference is that it has no hubstacks,thumb grinds better,and has the wider gap.and due to the carefuly placed rimweight you bet it spins for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.hope this helped.yo-bear

incorrect, that would be the dm, though it’s pretty good. The 888x is actually frowned upon by some players because it was made in china.

Jeez… the OP was asking for a reccomendation, not a debate over what throws are overrated. Anyhow, I agree, I think if you like hubstack play get an 888x if you dont like hubstack play go with a Boss, I was going to say the Dv888 but since you already have one pick up one of the other two, I know nothing about the bassalope so I cant say anything about it. I have an 888x and it is absolutely splendid. Hopefully the suggestions help :smiley:

1 Like