New to Unresponsive

?

ANDY569 HITS IT AGAIN! (before me)
I need to be around more often to beat andy569 for what he has to say… so double that above ^ :wink:

If you want a really good yoyo, that isnt 100 get a recrev Sine//Saw. Recrev has some of the best!(Recreational Revolution)

Haha, what can I say, I’m too fast :wink:

Haha, by the way, RecRev Sine//Saw or @ are great choices as well.

No guys, he is better off this way.

You get a new yoyo when you can’t do the new tricks on your yoyo. So you should be fine until tricks are hard to do because the yoyo stops spinning.

Yes, the DV888 is super good. Do not get a shinwoo…

And why did you order at Yotricks, but post here? You know yoyoexpert is a lot cheaper.

I would order from here a 100 pack (12.00) of YYE 100% Poly.

Or if you rather spend less (even tho the 100 pack is cheaper) 25 pack is the way to go.

Kitty string is good but if you don’t know how to tie a loop not your going to have trouble with Kitty String.

Don’t get any new bearings, you should be fine off with whatever bearing the yoyo comes with. The fancy string centering bearings with a little groove are barely any better than a normal flat on. (Stick with me guys ;))…

And they look cool, yes we all think they look cool. That’s probably why you want it. It’s not going to make much of a difference.

After you grow out of your Dash then get a DV888 or Duncan Raptor. Those 2 should get you far, really far. Then you can pick up a yoyo of choice like a 888 or a One Drop Code 1 or 2…

1 Like

Or, as long as you budget for it, you get whatever you want at whatever time you want, regardless of skill level. These are not badges of rank here, they are toys that you can buy.

I agree. So far this yo yo has met all my needs, so until it becomes insufficient I will probably not upgrade.

The DV888 was and will be my next choice of metal.

I figured that Yotricks was the best way to go for a all inclusive starter set. First I went to the forums at TheYo but quickly found out that this community was much more active so I went here instead.

I also figured since Yotricks didn’t sell every yo yo of every company that they would only sell the best.

I’ll probably go for the 100 pack of poly seeing as me yo yos and knots don’t mix. :wink:

You nailed it. I’m a sucker for making something as good as it can possibly be before getting something new.

I’ll definitely get a DV888

Thanks

Believe it or not, I have other hobbies more demanding then yoyoing.

No doubt. :wink:

I would definitely try to get a protostar cheep and ridiculously good.

I just read this and laughed ! haha, that’s what I’ve said when I first started, and I’m sure many have as well. it gets to you trust me! RUN! RUN! FAR AWAY! naah just kidding, stick around budd ;D

Because You are a beginner, Get 50% Cotton 50% Poly. Play with the string Until it becomes “Fuzzy” or frayed than change it. By the way, the DV888 isn’t all what it’s cut out to be. The protostar is a much better option.

Don’t think so high that you would openly disagree with us and say we are wrong. This is your opinions, but your opinion is NOT fact.

i would recommend the god tricks freedom for a first metal unresponsive yoyo cause its fairly cheap and if you want a more small throw then get a C3 token all likend down below :slight_smile:

God tricks freedom
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/606/God-Tricks-Freedom
C3 token

Personally the classic with pads and a bigger bearing murders the protostar plus the protostar was one of the first yoyos I ever bought and because I didn’t know much about yoyos I ended up unscrewing it and the thing had major pulse and wasn’t able to tune it out even after I figured out the protostar.

Anyways the classic is such a great throw even stock :slight_smile: would highly recommend it to anyone it’s crazy how good it plays with silicone pads and Full size bearing tho

The C3 Token is far too small. I can see it becoming much of a challenge for him to land tricks on.

Like everyone else has been saying, I will recommend the top 3 best for getting into unresponsive tricks:

1: Raptor
2: Protostar
3: Dark Magic 2

They’re all full sized and unresponsive. Just pick which one you think looks coolest  :wink:

BTW, one more great option for a great price is The OneStar by YYF. It is incredibly cheap and great playing. Not to mention the YYJ Trigger…

What Noonar said. Why would you recommend a Token to a beginner? I wondered who was doing this in another thread, and now I’ve found a culprit. :wink: :smiley:

Mostly just teasing, but in all seriousness I don’t think it’s a good beginner yoyo unless you’re the kind of beginner who understands it’s not the same as getting a “normal” size (by “normal” I’m including 50mm undersized).

Yes, exactly. When I first started yoyoing, I grabbed a YYF Popstar because it was incredibly cheap, but I ended up hating it for being so small.