DV888 too responsive

Hi there,

I just bought a DV888 which is supposed to be an unresponsive yoyo.
It turns out that it is so responsive that i cant do any trick in particular that I wanted to, such as elihop, boingy boingy etc.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you
Ricky

3 Likes

Change the bearing out for a Center-Trac bearing and change the past out for any standard 19mm type.

1 Like

I think they come responsive and you have to upgrade them with a bigger bearing, thinner response pads and a longer axle to make it unresponsive…which really sucks when you were hoping it came unresponsive already :frowning:…means you’ll have to fork over even more money on it.
Is this your only yoyo you own atm?

You can buy an upgrade kit here:

2 Likes

Right that makes really sense now.

ive stopped playing for 9 years now. I have a MVP yoyo with me and just thinking of coming back to play which make me to get DV888…

Thank you so much for the advice

2 Likes

Hey, welcome back to the hobby! :smiley: I jumped back in last summer after a 15’ish year break.

I’m afraid of giving you bad advice here which might lead to damaging your yos…but it might be worth trying to take the bearing out of your MVP and putting it into your DV888 to see if that helps.
But…the axle might be too short for the bigger bearing and might mess things up, so I’m not sure.

1 Like

Thanks man! Good to be back.

Ive tried to swap the bearing from my MVP to DV888, and it still doesnt work. I guess the bearing is too old. Will the link that you showed me earlier will do good for DV888?

1 Like

It will, that kit is specifically made for the DV888 and a couple of other yoyofactory yo-yos.

1 Like

The pads the DV888 come with stick very far into the gap so you get a lot of string rub which makes the response really strong. For my DV888 I took out the response out and replaced them with 19mm slim pads, put in the full sized bearing like what’s your MVP. It’s the pads that are the immediate problem. You can try taking one pad out for less amount of response.

2 Likes