Responsive dv888

Just got my dv888 responsive in the mail. I’m new to yoyos my question is when every I land in a mount the yoyo catches and returns. Should I get the unresponsive upgrade kit or am I doing something wrong?

Most likely the string that is attached to your finger is at an angle in the response are of the yoyo. Make sure that you are throwing straight and everything is aligned straight. The string is catching the response and making it catch and return. If you keep working with this you’ll be much better, and smoother, once you get an unresponsive.

Keep at it.

Brand-new silicone response pads can be grabby for a while until they’re broken in a bit. Like Aaron said, try to keep your throws as straight as possible. This is important when catching/keeping the yoyo on the string. Welcome to the hobby! You’ll be throwing slacks, complex tech, and binding like a pro in no time! :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. I really like the yoyo and kinda figured I was doing something wrong. It’s the first one I’ve had that’s not a cheap Duncan from Walmart.

The responsive DV88 is very responsive. It takes a little getting used to.

I don’t really consider the DV888 an absolute beginners throw, even with the responsive slim bearing setup. I got my DV888 back before they even made a responsive version. It is definitely good for beginners to start with responsive yoyos, but the DV888 plays best unresponsive IMO. Learn the basics, especially the bind return, and then ditch that awful slim bearing/responsive setup and get the unresponsive upgrade kit. You’ll have a ton of fun with it like that since that’s the way it was designed to be played.

1 Like

Just to throw this out there, I had an unresponsive Dv888 and it was great. I would definitely recommend it for you.

I see what you did there.

Yeah make it unresponsive. Get a fixed axle for your responsive cravings :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah man, those pads were massive for me. If your throw is lined up and you can’t adjust so it doesn’t catch, then I’d get the unresponsive pack, and then just put the new pads on it. Now, if the pads that are already on it sit flush with the walls, then you’ll still need to mess with your throw. Hope this helps, and welcome to the world of throwing!

i would make it full unresponsive. Longer axle, full size bearing, thinner respons pads. Totally worth it.

When I ordered it also got a response pad pack. Changed the pads out for the orange ones and it’s much better now. Thanks everyone. I going to learn the basics and go unresponsive with it.

I kept mine responsive and got some nice yoyos for unresponsive play. It takes a lot of playing to break in those thick pads. Make sure you don’t create slack when working on your mounts. The response pads eat up slack very easily.