New release from Duncan - The Bi-Metal BUMBLEBEE!

From Duncan: There’s just something about the feeling of catching a forward pass… That’s what we are reminded of when we think of the Bumblebee. To us, the original Bumblebee is synonymous with the rebellious playground yo-yo play emblematic of the late 90’s and early 2000’s.

The Bumblebee was something you could pull out of your bit-too-baggy jeans and jam on while waiting for your friends outside the gas station. It was dependable, fashionable, and you felt slightly underdressed when leaving home without it. This aura is what we chased when designing the all-new bimetal Bumblebee for the modern era!

Now a fully modern bimetal yo-yo, the new Bumblebee takes notes from the original schoolyard-classic Bumblebee and channels that daily carry, grab-it-and-go energy. It features the same extreme slim gap design as the original, allowing it to slip into and out of your pockets effortlessly. Further, it features a small bearing, like the original, and is a fully responsive yo-yo, giving it the distinct aura of nostalgia that Duncan products are well-known for. It accepts both friction stickers and 19mm silicone pads, giving you the power to customize your play.

Releasing Friday, 2/4 @ 8PM EST.

16 Likes

Ok, NOW WE GO.

3 Likes

Hello, old friend.

6 Likes

Slim to the extreme!

4 Likes

The gap is so slim that the string is mounted on the outside of the yo-yo

13 Likes

I picked a bad time to promise not buy another yo-yo

12 Likes

airplane_wrong_week

17 Likes

Oh, I’m ready for this!

4 Likes

pretty dang cool man

3 Likes

It’s so slim it only has one side.

3 Likes

It’s so slim, it’s the antithesis of your mom

4 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett , which yall be stocking the pads for the friction response area? (The new ones)

1 Like

Wow super stoked for this. When is the actual release date??? There is basically no info on google about this…

Right now on YYE !!!

2 Likes

My one complaint is that it really doesn’t look as slim as the cold fusion or turbo bumble bee. It’s got what appears to be a more tapered interior surface. Maybe that’s better for play- I’m sure it is, but If you are going to reboot a cold fusion then why not just go right to the specs essentially? I mean I assume Duncan still has the patent rights etc and the original design information. I’d love to be able to buy a nearly identical Cold Fusion remake for under $100 rather than dish out 300-500 bucks for a used one on eBay etc.

But hey I’m not complaining- this looks sweet and it will do. But I still just reeeeally want a cold fusion and I don’t think I’ll ever have the green to buy a vintage one. I still don’t understand why YYF only made a copy of the cold fusion GT and not the original slimline shape as well…

Hope everyone got one that wanted the 2 tone. :+1::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

3 Likes

i had the matte in the cart but took too long to check out.
did manage to grab a polished half and half. really looking forward to playing this throw

kgb

3 Likes

Shiney looks cool to me anyways. Its what I bought. Haha

3 Likes

I know what you mean. This says it’s a bimetal, though, so I don’t think their intention was to recreate exactly. Plus, the pads are different. They’ve probably had the rights for fifteen years, and they haven’t made it by now. I’m guessing it’s because it’s Duncan with an attitude of trying to make something more tantalizing to a wider audience. You know. Like, yeah, cold fusion would sell to some, but it wouldn’t justify a price these days to many with the yoyos around, so profit margin for making a quality replica would be slimmer.

2 Likes

Bryan is a blessing to Duncan. Everything this guy makes sells out quick. The bee being another example. Gonna sell out in the next 24 hrs.

5 Likes