Bumble Bee buzz?

The new bimetal Bumble Bee that Duncan is about to release looks pretty sweet. Anyone got a hold of a prototype or anything? I’m really curious the weight.

11 Likes

Mater a fact I do. It didn’t even have a name when Bryan gave it to me.

I’ve been keeping it under my hat for a while now. I’ll try and weigh it shortly.

10 Likes

That’s in grams

8 Likes

@eos44 I see you needed specs, I can’t measure it(at least not super accurately), but I could take some side by side photos for you

2 Likes

just-when-i-think-im-out-they-pull-me-back-in

13 Likes

Specs from Japan Site

62.6 Grams
54.63 mm Diameter
30.20 mm Width

A-bearing

6 Likes

Thank you sir!
How is it for STM, do you feel like it might knock your teeth out or does it handle pretty light?

2 Likes

thanks for the specs! i indeed asked for those. This probably wont be amazing for 0A, but it looks interesting for responsive 1A, as i cant 100% tell by just looking.

2 Likes

Agreed on your sentiments because of the weight, but maybe they will bring back a plastic version of the Turbo Bumblebee / GT in the weight range that will make it perfection.

But this animal, it’s going to be awesome to relive the 90s cold fusion style with. If you had told 12 year old me that 37 year old me would experience Duncan coming out with a bimetal Cold Fusion merged with a Turbo Bumblebee and it would cost less than $70 bucks? I’d have ■■■■ my pants

12 Likes

Every time I think I’m starting to get fatigued by the current slimline trend, another new release comes along and makes me say “Yeah this one looks spicy.”

Yeah this one looks spicy. This looks basically like what I wanted the Confusion to be, except also a bimetal for some reason.

11 Likes

I have hope for it for 0A, the response area takes larger diameter pads that sit flush with the walls. Honestly the weight doesn’t concern me as much after I got my Gamer Light. 62g and shoots the moon like mad. Reached a new personal record the first day I got it. The weight is certainly concentrated differently due to the bimetal design, but its an inner ring, so I’m not sure how that will affect stall style play. Hopefully the gap width on this is close to 3mm.

5 Likes

As someone who spent a very long time on an original Bumble Bee (‘96ish-2014 it was pretty much my main yoyo), I have very mixed feelings about this. Kind of wish it would’ve been called something other than “Bumble Bee”, and I can’t even put into words why I feel that way.

I will also say, I think it’s going to be a great yoyo, probably feel like a very good Cold Fusion.

8 Likes

I can see where you’re coming from. I’m not a Mustang fan by any means, but the fact that Ford made the “electric mustang” a crossover is sacrilege. its probably a fantastic car, but its not a mustang lol

4 Likes

Duncan has always been a huge part of yo-yoing for me and I’m definitely curious to hearing more about this later. And recently I’ve kinda been hooked on 0a play and ever since I got the rbc it has hardly left my pocket so I’m curious about how this yo-yo will perform for modern responsive play :grin:

1 Like

I think this is it exactly! Or maybe similar to the, was it the Freehand NextGen? The V shaped “Freehand”. That was a neat yoyo, but the name killed it for me, it wasn’t a Freehand.

3 Likes

That last part of your comment is why I try to find your post in threads hahahaha ■■■■ your pants my friend. Ready to buy mine too.

2 Likes

I see a lot of focus in this thread about this being an 0A or a 1A Yo-Yo, but it could also as well be the very first Bi-Metal 2A Aluminum capable Yo-Yo we’ve seen since the H-Spin Quake. Imagine the possibilities with 2A wrap tricks with this kind of power, defiantly out of my current skill set. This one might be used in X-division for some hybrid 2.3A innovation that has yet to be discovered.

10 Likes

You know what I didn’t think about that :thinking: this could be a very very powerful 2a throw from the looks of it. Although I did read Duncan’s description on this throw on instagram and it said that they wanted to get that nostalgia feeling of throwing forward passes and classic tricks even though that this is a metal yo-yo and is also updated for modern day play. So we’ll have to wait and see then :grin:

3 Likes

It has the A size bearing but it doesn’t recess at all when assembled. As such it has quite the gap width.

(With RBC for comparison)

I imagine that if I packed it with grease, it would STM. But I’ve been using thick lube and double wrapping the bearing to play it more 0a.

8 Likes

I stand by your full statement. A lot of potential there.

1 Like