New Duncan Bumblebee bimetal

I received my Duncan Bumblebee Yo-Yo - Responsive Bi-Metal YoYo. As the title says it is supposed to be responsive, I find it to be anything but responsive. Has anybody found a way to achieve this.

I did try some lube in the bearing but my have to try some thicker.

I was thinking of using the fixed non-bearing that came with my El MiJo but the bearing bosses are too long, I was going to take it to work and put it in a mill and shorten them.

I also thought about using some Turbo Disks that I have from my Tom Kuhn yoyos before I put it in the mill.

Are there any other suggestions?

1 Like

I don’t have a Bumblebee but thick lube and thick string should do it.

Did you put the wider white friction sticker sized response pads on? And are you using a thick lube? A bit of silicone grease or some other thick lube should be all you need.

1 Like

I have tried the thick lube today, I will have to get the thicker response pads and string

The bumble bee should have come with them. Did you check inside the cardboard box the yoyo came with?

Thanks, found them in the box… Putting them on and using some super lube (a Vasile consistency non petroleum lube) I now have a responsive throw.

3 Likes

Short Review of the new Duncan Bumblebee Bi-metal - Yo-Yo Reviews - YoYoExpert Forums

your findings are not new. i had issues with the way it was advertised. the thread i linked has some info.

good luck.

kgb

2 Likes