New release from Duncan - The Bi-Metal BUMBLEBEE!

Just went ahead and ordered one. Can’t wait to try it.

3 Likes

I mean, that’s a really cool looking yoyo. Especially the half swap matte. That is right up my alley (i didn’t get one). But that gap seems very wide for a responsive yoyo. Also its very interesting to me that they put the rings on the inside.

2 Likes

All my newer responsive yoyos have gaps like that. I don’t think it’s unusual, and I also don’t think most people would prefer the original gap. It’s pretty small.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking that gap looks pretty gargantuan compared to the slimline throws of the 90s

2 Likes

Not everyone did, but I can live with matte black.

3 Likes

Hey guys! Thanks for the curiosity here — good or bad.

A little clarification about the gap. It’s intentional because you can add another layer of response. We added the new Duncan White Pads (photo below) along with the yo-yo. You’ll see it if you open the Red box that goes inside the packaging.

This white pads will let you play a complete responsive yo-yo, and make the gap a little slimmer.

Out of the box: this is semi-responsive
Additional white pads: this is responsive

The goal is is to have a cool old-school pocket throw, and make your trick a little challenging to do, since you are doing it in a very slim yo-yo.

Owen Ekblad made a really good copy here describing the playability of the yo-yo.

Have a great weekend and thanks for your support!

12 Likes

I’ve been worried about Core Co pads running out of stock and disappearing, so I’m really glad you put out more of these white pads and are using them in multiple releases. Responsive throwers everywhere appreciate your work, Bryan.

6 Likes

It took us a while to develop this pads.

The combination of texture, the % of softness and thickness gave me at least 6 rounds of revision I believe.

My goal is to have the same feeling of friction stickers using silicone material.

Fun fact: this yo-yo was designed and approved around late 2019. I delayed the production because of the finalization of the white pads around March 2021 (same time I approved the Freehand One)

17 Likes

When are the new pads going to be available to purchase?

4 Likes

Sending February pricelist. I’d say late Feb or early March once they received their orders.

6 Likes

That makes a lot of sense. Do the inside SS rings help with stability during looping-style tricks?

2 Likes

Loop regen, yes. It gives you lots of power to continue your tricks. But multiple loop the loop? Not so much

5 Likes

@bjardin will there be more half swaps coming or should I start asking if anyone wants to make a half-swap with me? :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Andre ordered a restock, along with other retailers. These should the last stock we have in the USA at the moment.

5 Likes

There are still 7 all-gold in stock. I want to test a theory…

Can we raise the price of the gold versions by $15 bucks and list them as “Limited Edition” or “Success is Known” editions or something like that? I want to see if they sell out quickly as a result.

5 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

2 Likes

I was excited to get this, but disappointed by Duncan Quality Control.

I’ll have to slap the responsive pads in and see how it plays… In three weeks.

6 Likes

Sorry about this. We can replace. Email me at bryan@yo-yo.com

10 Likes

Very excited to add these to my collection. My journey began 20 years ago with the Bumblebees… im happy to come back around to them.

20 Likes

That’s just awesome.

2 Likes