New Horizontal Instagram Page! [@horizontal_throwers] I Want YOU to Learn Horizontal Yoyoing!

Well, you guys asked, and I am trying to deliver. I put a lot of thought in the best way to teach people to get comfortable with horizontal. Once you get over the initial barrier of horizontal it feels AMAZING.

If you’d like, put it 15 or so hours of consistent practice, at your own pace, and see what happens. I’ll be with you EVERY step of the way. Post your horizontal progress!

Here is my the tutorial I made:

Come on this journey with me!

52 Likes

I mean I still can’t even yoyo vertical…

Also…this video was legit great!

5 Likes

Yes you can, I believe in you!
And thanks a lot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Thats a neat tutorial for starters, thanks a lot, I’ll certainly try!

2 Likes

I am totally putting away my yoyos and just going back to a potato :potato:

Also - excellent tutorial! Thanks

6 Likes

Was waiting for you to post this. Seriously amazing Zontal intro… probably 6 months worth of work here. Amazing!

2 Likes

Best beginner Horizontal video I’ve seen yet!!! Thanks for putting this together!

I’m gonna go ahead and say we ALL want this to become a series of videos!!!

3 Likes

Thank you! I am so excited that you’re going to try. You got this! Let me know if you’d like any help or pointers. If you’d like, post your progress!

1 Like

Thank you so much! But it’s less work than you think. Go for it man! I’ll be behind you 100%

1 Like

Thank you! I’m very flattered! I really love making these videos, so there will definitely be more in the future.

3 Likes

You have a knack for breaking down what is happening and explaining it clearly and simply. I can’t speak for any of the other old guys on the forum, but, you may be responsible for a lot more horizontal happening in the old man division at future contests! Very well done.

4 Likes

Okay, @yoyodoc, buy a 3rd(?) 000, and practice this before rounding the edges! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe I’ll give it a shot too.

Thanks for the awesome tut!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for leaving this moment in… BANG! We’ve all done it!

Thanks for the video, really! I look forward to giving it a shot.

3 Likes

If you think I would actually even consider that…

Then your haircut is a little round around the edges…:mask:

2 Likes

Yes, we’ve all been there haha. Happens to the best of us :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you so much for this. I’ve tried to learn something horizontal more times than I can count. After spending some time doing the drills I have managed to hit it quite a few times. The most helpful thing was seeing how you do your horizontal throw, I’d never been able to find a throw that works as well for me in all my previous attempts I could never get a flat throw consistently.

3 Likes

i was concerned there wasn’t
going to be any
of the patented @nightshadow comic relief in the video. you had me dying around 10 & 11 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I’m SO glad that it was helpful man! Keep at it, you’ll definitely get it!

Post your progress if you’d like. I’d LOVE to see

2 Likes

Nice sweater. This is excellent, Kyle had a good one many years ago at Rethink Yo-yo. A different approach to the preliminary steps.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI_hgcxhnW4/?igshid=1bdt3lxhfohy0

Learning to skin the gerbil on another plane. It’s getting there.

7 Likes