Can you do horizontal tricks?

Let me know if you can!

3 Likes

Yeah but please don’t tell anyone

8 Likes

Not particularly. Don’t have much desire to either. I think it looks cool but it’s just not what I’m trying to do. Maybe if I had stuck with it since I was a kid and was planning on competing but I don’t think that’s in the cards this go ‘round.

I get enough yo-yos to the face playing vertically :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes! Currently my hardest trick is a horizontal 2.0 hook! Its extremely difficult though :grimacing:

7 Likes

I feel like I’m the only person that doesn’t compete or plan to compete that likes playing horizontal

5 Likes

ye, i can do a horizontal 2.5

4 Likes

Tell me your secret :face_holding_back_tears::rofl:

bring the yoyo close to your face and bring your finger very close to the yoyo.

2 Likes

Yeah

Zontals are some of my fav tricks

1 Like

No I can not

2 Likes

I can’t even spell horizonalt

5 Likes

Much like my regular combos, I can certainly skin the gerbil pretty well lol

4 Likes

A couple of the simpler ones. I really like horizontal play. It’s super difficult but also super rewarding when you land something.

1 Like

Eh not really. I had a phase where I was learning and playing zontally a lot but today was the first time I tried in months. I can still turnover and bounce around a bit and bind but I haven’t tried to learn anything beyond that in a while. Too much other sick stuff I’d rather learn first.

1 Like

no but I only know how to do diagonals :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I can go horizontal and bind but that’s about it. However, that counts.

3 Likes

Learned this today. Not perfectly zontal but close enough for something I newly learned.

12 Likes

I do love horizontal and off axis horizontal tricks, I wish online there were more tutorials about advanced and hard horizontal combos instead of thousand beginner tutorials that teach all the same stuff, I think advanced tutorials can help people want to learn and give them a sense of “progression”

7 Likes

That looked awesome!

2 Likes

I’m ready for the waltz.romantic beginner to advanced horizontal tutorial series!

3 Likes