Can you do horizontal tricks?

No, I tried twice with limited success. @nightshadow posted a pretty great beginner tut i think a year or so back on Trick-A-Week.

4 Likes

I injure myself enough doing side style tricks for now. What’s a good yoyo to learn horizontal with that’s plastic. AoE? Shooting star?

2 Likes

nope. unless you count dna…

2 Likes

That was really good.

Myself I’m saying DNA is a Horizontal trick.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it

4 Likes

I can do some horizontal tricks, but I am definitely not great at it. For me it doesn’t really feel that cool to do it. When I film it, it looks kinda cool but I don’t get the satisfaction from it. Maybe because I’m only doing some simple combos.

If you learn to yo-yo horizontally, you’re banished from the boomer yo-yo club.

1 Like

I’m the same!

1 Like

Well good thing I can cause I wouldn’t go near that club even for a BBB Klondike

2 Likes

You know this is the only Klondike you’re finding in that club anyways

1 Like

Yet another great example of why we NEED the skull emoji react

2 Likes

That and the flame emoji

You’re not wrong. Just do some fingerspin hops and then a DNA and you’re golden!

The whole boomer nomenclature is so played out. I wish it would just go away. Maybe it’s just me but it feels offensive. Not calling you out specifically, I know you didn’t start it as some seemed to jump on the train. Just not my thing.

I do dabble with horizontal play and can do some basic stuff.

3 Likes

So when are you going to get this BBB Klondike of yours?

I do some horizontal tricks.

Do kickflips and dump trucks count?

Not really sure, they just dont appeal for some reason so very rarely try them.

1 Like

I have just landed horizontal skin the gerbil today. Clean and more than 5 times during a one hour session .I first tried horizontal three months ago.

After a pause of 2 months in order to also try 5a I got back to trying horizontal two days ago. Can only do 3 binds so far and from today, gerbil.

9 Likes

Congratulations that’s a big achievement!

I, too, dabble in horizontal play:

2 Likes
2 Likes