New hand-made release from Spinworthy - The Survivalist!

I have a few truly responsive yoyos, snd I love the play style of 0a/responsive play. It really speaks to me. I have a few amazing purpose-designed bearing responsive that play very well

3 Likes

I just want to say thank you to all who bought a Survivalist.

Thanks for your support! :raised_hands:

14 Likes

I really hope you all like them when they arrive on your doorstep!

4 Likes

If you do a second round, Iā€™m in. Kids kept me occupied and missed it.

7 Likes

Oh man, yep, I feel you.

5 Likes

Thank you for making these, and providing them to YYE for easy distribution. I greatly appreciate you and what you do <3

10 Likes

The 1st time I saw pictures of earlier renditions with the HDPE and caught wind of this release I could not wait.
I have recently received my 1st Spin Worthy Wood throw, it is the smoothest wood I have. So I am sure this will be amazingly Spin Worthy. Thank you, please make more.

5 Likes

Could some of you who snagged a Survivalist on the drop let me know your thoughts. Iā€™m trying to guage whether another run is worthwhile.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a ton of love for it from @adamantiumpops and @bheinz63 in these two threads

Itā€™s certainly continued to fuel my interest in one; I wouldā€™ve picked one up during the drop but they disappeared lickety split!

2 Likes

Mine should be delivered tomorrow. Iā€™ll give my perspective as a casual fixed axle player.

4 Likes

Iā€™m already on the hunt for a second lol

4 Likes

I would buy the entire run if I could (and if you made another one)

4 Likes

To be fair, the one I have is a very early revision.

To also be fair, I have not received a Spinworthy that I didnā€™t like, and only one I didnā€™t keep (spectraply blood cell, only sold to fund a larger purchase quickly).

6 Likes

You would basically say this is my first fixed axle, so perhaps my opinion is not very useful.

The Survivalist is an excellent pattern and color. Seems to catch much better than Iā€™d expect even when its spin is dying. It feels good in my hand and the weight feels good, but dang does it hurt when I get whacked. I think it hurt more than full force throw that catches on a metal yoyo and hits my hand :laughing: . The size feels just right in the sense that the yoyo doesnā€™t feel small, yet still feels pretty convenient to casually throw and carry. Being on a mount doesnā€™t seem to kill the spin that bad. It doesnā€™t spin very long which was to be expected, but long enough I can get through something like kwyjibo, rewind, or a pop n fresh. Truthfully better than Iā€™d expect from a fixed axle, but of course it wasnā€™t going to compete against a decent bearing.

6 Likes

Oh yeah - it likes to let you know itā€™s still with you. :slightly_smiling_face:

With the name ā€˜Survivalistā€™ you didnā€™t expect some kinda sissy yoyo, did you?

12 Likes

I absolutely love this yoyo. Completely changed my perception of fixed axel.
I love it so much i actually had to buy a second as a back up when i heard Glenn was going to shut down for 2 years (he has since changed his mind and i think we will be able to place orders like before)ā€¦ not before i got a second Survivalist.

I did notice this run is a bit smaller then the one which I got back in March. So far i donā€™t notice any other diffrent. I donā€™t have a scale here so i canā€™t compare that. Both play very similar, identical by my standard. Thought Iā€™d share the side by side if anyone is interested.
My original one is on the right and the bottom of these pics.

15 Likes

Iā€™m incredibly jealous you have 2 lol

3 Likes

Iā€™m incredibly jealous you have 1 lol

5 Likes

Well it all looks pretty positive so far, I was hoping more people I havenā€™t used my yoyos before might have given some thoughts, but itā€™s quite possible most of my customers arenā€™t forum members.

6 Likes

Now the only thing left to consider is to make more Survivalists, or UHMWPE and HDPE Bloodcells instead.

9 Likes