New hand-made release from Spinworthy - The Survivalist!

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

BLOODCELLS! I would love a collection of these HDPE SW models!

6 Likes

I’ll buy either :wink:

3 Likes

Or both. I’m kicking myself for missing this drop. 2 minutes to late.

3 Likes

I ended up getting mine late on Friday. I played with it a bit that night and a lot on Saturday. I really like it. The response is very good, I love that it’s durable, but beyond that it’s just fun. I managed to land a kickflip a few times in a row so I was happy with that. I would buy a second one.

Consider me a fan @Glenacius_K

8 Likes

What string is everyone using on theirs? I’ve had Kitty fat on mine and it’s worn pretty shaggy so time to change and I’m thinking of trying cotton next.

1 Like

Use poly. Kitty string goes pretty shaggy at the best of times.

4 Likes

What do you like for it? OT?

1 Like

Original Throw should work well, but I usually use sochi regular.

4 Likes

I really like new Kitty fats. They’ve really grown on me, they last noticeably longer than old Kitty which I still enjoyed.

Markmont Amy was my old go to for modern responsive stuff though, it’s really nice if you want something a bit softer. Feels about the same thickness as Kitty fat, but lasts infinitely longer if you run it though the wash whenever you do laundry.

4 Likes

I’ve been using a string lab Kapow on mine. Perfect thickness for me and lasts a while.

3 Likes

I just got my first markmont string and am bummed out that I need more. You go with regularly or thick?

3 Likes

I always go with thick Markmont blends personally. I feel like they’re in the same realm as Kitty where the regular/normal blend is thinner than most over strings, the thicks/fats are perfect though.

1 Like

I use Alphaline, seems to work great with the Survivalist. Lasts quite a while too, longer than I was expecting given the gap/response system.

1 Like

That’s good. I’ll order some Sochi, but I have Alphaline now. I’m usually not too picky about string, but the response holes I think call for something thinner.

Another q @Glenacius_K , is the gap supposed to be adjustable or is the intent to push the halves together all the way? I’ve been opening the gap a bit to keep that ragged string out of the response holes.

1 Like

I believe Glenn discouraged me from opening the Survivalist whenever possible… i think if you keep messing with the gap you might loosen the grip around the axel.

4 Likes

Thanks. Yeah, I was concerned about that.

2 Likes