New Genesis or New Superstar? Why?

Since I heard of the news of New Superstar, I am looking forward to it.
Then i find a new Genesis in the Shop.

Watching both yoyo’s videos, they seems to fit my style of flexible messing around.
Also, I mostly do 1a and 5a.
I am currently using my 888.

YYF New Genesis Stats:
Diameter: 56.45 mm / 2.22 inches
Width: 44.75 mm / 1.76 inches
Gap Width: 4.6 mm / 0.18 inches
Response System: Central Bearing Co - CBC Slim Pad
Weight: Varies by Type
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)

YYF Superstar Stats:
Diameter: 56 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 45.50 mm / 1.79 inches
Gap Width: 4.80 mm / .18 inches
Weight: 67.4 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
CBC Center Trac Bearing
Response: CBC 19mm Slim Pad
(not sure if it is the stats of New Superstar)

I haven’t played the new genesis, but I did play the 2013 superstar at worlds and that things plays fantastic.

First, I am biased. I do not like the Genesis, so I’m not going to waste time discussing that one. Nothing wrong with the yoyo in any way, it just didn’t line up good with my preferences. It’s still an excellent yoyo.

New SuperStar stats:
Diameter: 56mm
Width: 46.6mm
Weight: 66.9
Response: Standard YYF response. Comes with the blue pads.

I am really enjoying the 2013 SuperStar. It’s a touch on the wider side but it’s certainly not the widest non-superwide yoyo on the market. As a result, it takes me a bit to adjust to wider yoyos so my throws aren’t super smooth, but they are stable and the yoyo smooths out after a few seconds for me. You can see the SuperStar heritage in there, providing what you may already like about the existing SuperStar, but then taking it to the next level. With the stacks gone, gyro finger spins are possible. Thumb grinds are also possible(well, easier). The extra width helps you catch anything and helps with stability in horizontal play.

I think the yoyo might be a little too wide for optimal 5A play, but it should work just fine. The 2013 SuperStar seems designed to be a 1A yoyo in my opinion. The 2013 is a vast improvement over the original. The original is really good too, but it’s just not suited well for today’s competition due to the stacks, stackpost and walls on the inside of the yoyo. I do have both and I do enjoy both.

HOWEVER: if you want to go with the Genesis, all I can say is via the pictures:
The shape is compatible with horizontal play. The outer portion of the rims are not so great for gyro finger grinds due to how the axle is set in there. The shape is more friendly for 5A play but is still a fantastic 1A yoyo. If you’re really wanting a bit more friendly for both styles, this might be a bit better.

I’d definitely get the SuperStar, I’ve tried both and had both, and the superstar is just plain better. I also like the new 2013 without hubstacks better than the old one with hubstacks.

Superstar is faster play but the genesis is better for 5a

I haven’t used the superstar, but i can say that I really love my genesis, its just an all around good throw

I’ve played the orange citrus edition genesis and new superstar for a very short time. I was surprised by how heavy the genesis played. The superstar seemed to feel very wide. The superstar felt like it played kinda heavy but the genesis was very solid/heavy/ rock on the end of a string.