NEW Evan Nagao signature yo-yo - The YYF Poly Edge!

From Evan Nagao: After practicing with “The Edge” yo-yo everyday for 6 months straight to win the US National Yo-yo Contest, and then for another 2 months with “Edge Beyond” to win the World Yo-yo Contest, I wanted something new. The metaphor I like to use is that It’s like I was eating sushi everyday. I love sushi, but if you ate the same sushi for 6 months straight, you wouldn’t enjoy it as much by the end. Even if you were to eat tuna sushi for 6 months, and change to salmon sushi for another 2 months, it’s not a huge change, and you will eventually crave something different.

I had a strong desire to design something new and fun, but not at the sacrifice of precision and playability. After testing many designs, and getting some inspiration from my good friend, Eiji Okuyama, who owns Mowl (an incredible Japanese yoyo brand), I decided the only way to achieve all these elements at once was to machine a yoyo out of PolyCarbonate for a smooth throw, and add stabilizing steel weight rings for long spin.

When the final prototype for this yoyo came in, I did my first combo with it, and it gave me that warm nostalgic feel of being a kid again. I knew I hit the mark.

To be honest, I initially created this yoyo for my own enjoyment, but I realized how selfish it would be for me to not share such a fun throw, so it is with this excitement that I present to you “Poly Edge!”

P.S. If you’re wondering about the art or the name of this yoyo, “Poly” stands for “PolyCarbonate,” but it can also stand for “Polynesian,” which is the style that the art is done in. Growing up in Hawaii, the Polynesian culture, just like yoyoing has always been a prominent part of my childhood. For this reason, the art, which was created by my good friend, Dylan Flemming, was created as a representation of my childhood and to pay respects to the incredible and beautiful Polynesian Culture!

10 Likes

This looks fun to me.

i love the shape of this yoyo

This looks real good. I really wish it was available in other colors. My vanity craves it.

Might be tough to do colors with this engraving. It’s printed on the inside (in the gap area, not in the cup) so with colors it may not show throw as well.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t really resemble either in any way, but this reminds me of a Tigershark/Viper combo for some reason.

I think I’m going to get one. It’s scratching my nostalgia itch pretty hard.

The hub is slightly viper-esque.

Yeah and the plastic/rubber appearance on the outside.

Idk. It just looks like the yo-yos I loved as a kid but with the modern touch.

at first glance it looks kinda cheap, but now that i look at it again it looks spiffy

I can see that, but I also dislike busy designs on jojos. So for me it would be a solution to two problems, lol.