New Dv88

So I bought a new DV888 when some of the new colors came out. It looks reallly awesome (blue and black splash) but the bearing is way to responsive and sounds like it has a rough spot. I was searching the forums and saw that someone said it needed to be lubed. Unfortunately I don’t have any lube so what are my other options?

Clean it and break it in

There is no break in time if you clean it.

Mb

id say just play with it and break it in, in the long run its better for your bearing and if theres anything iv learned about yoyoing its that your yoyo is only as good as your bearing.

ok i just want to tell everyone DO NOT BUY LUBE. Buy some valve oil from your local music store or get some somewhere else. Just ask the guy, do you have trumpet valve oil? and he will show it to you. There should be 2 kinds. clear and blue. the clear makes your yoyo unresponsive and breaks in quickly within about 5-10 minutes. But the blue kind, which is called blue juice, makes your yoyo super unresponsive, like the kind that you’ll never get a bad throwe with. It also silences the bearing and helps it to stay in good shape for a long time. but it does take about 20 minutes to break in. If i were you, i would go for the blue juice, but it does cost 5 bucks for 2 oz. The clear stuff usually costs a dollar or 2 for 2 oz. also. Its a better deal that yoyojam thin lube because that is 5 bucks plus shipping and is less lube in the container. So good luck lubing your yoyo

[b]ADMIN EDIT: I like how you are telling people not to buy thin lube from yye. I do. I’ve tried trumpet valve oil and while it works just fine, it’s not as thin as thin lube.

Next time suggest if they don’t want to buy it they can use your suggestion.

Thanks
Icthus[/b]

Alright thanks for the help guys. I did clean the bearing but its still a tad responsive gonna try playing it some more see if that breaks it in. Might try that valve oil if its still responsive

Get him icthus!!!

I am not exactly sure why anybody would buy the thin lube from any online shop. It is quite a steal to pick up some valve oil from a local music shop. I am being an informed consumer by doing my research on products. Sure you can buy the lube from here for $5 for only an ounce plus shipping, plus the 3 day wait. Or you can be an educated consumer like my self and buy valve oil for a buck. Sure you can buy this lube, or you can save about nine dollars.
Is that okay Icthus?

I tried putting some lube in it but to no avail. It stays unresponsive for a bit but has not sleep time (only about 45 secs) then after a couple of throws it becomes responsive. I’m thinking of just buying a new bearing for it. Any other ideas?

Have you taken the shields off to be sure the balls are properly lined up on the track. I have saved a bearing or two by lightly tapping the balls back on the track. (Very rare problem I have had)

From what I can tell they seem to be properly lined up

Yeah like I said the problem is rare. Try taking the bearing out and spinning it on a pencil or something. Do you get a little spin, or does it stick in one spot. If you can see it just stop. Then you got something stoping it like dirt or a glob of lube that just got sticky or some crud, or it could be a defect. If it’s clean, but it stalls you got a bearing that got messed up somehow.