New D-Bearing releases from RSO - The Bowl Mini and Bowl Mini Aluminum!

I was planning on picking one up and I had the blue in my cart, I had to put my phone down for a second and bam! Sold out.

I ended up with the orange, anyone want to swap blue halves?

1 Like

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for supporting RSO!

There were 44 aluminium and 31 steel ones on the YYE store. Please let me know what you think of them! The feel of both yo-yos are drastically different, attributed to the differences in material.

I was tending to my 22 month old kid and didnā€™t have time to monitor the drop :rofl: :pray:t2:

Just a question - what would be your ā€œidealā€ Bowl size / material? Iā€™ve met up with Reuben from Atmos (@rnsy) multiple times over the last few months to finalise the details for the Gravity and got to try his Pomelo - itā€™s a yo-yo Iā€™m definitely getting and I think you guys will love it too. Manufacturing at that size and weight is a huge challenge and he got it spot on.

It cost twice as much to make a yo-yo that size due to the material costs. The Pomelo changed my mind. Iā€™ve decided to do a huge Bowl (66mm), albeit with features closer to the Bowl (higher more rounded walls, narrower yo-yo, 64g).

Attaching a teaser for the art and prototype to this! Having a little more fun with this one.

11 Likes

So that means 74 were sold in roughly 15 minutes, when I checked the site about 8:15pm. Wow! :flushed:

1 Like

And thenā€¦ there were nonešŸ˜³

1 Like

:joy: I just showed this XL art to my wife (who is an artist) and she said ā€œI Love EVERYTHING about that!ā€

1 Like

Freddy Mercury with a stashā€¦

2 Likes

Hey I remember suggesting this would be awesome to get a big bowl!!! So glad youā€™re doing one that should be FUN!!!

About the art - Iā€™d lean more toward a big fat happy guy eating a giant bowl of Ramen. ā€œBig packageā€ theme seems kind of skeevy to me. Just a personal opinion I just never liked ā€œBig Johnsonā€ stuff or things like that. Iā€™m not a prude - I enjoy stuff that pushes the envelope. I just find stuff like this to be cringey.

10 Likes

My idea for a theme in July 2019 was Kaiju - I thought a Big Bowl would be an amazing idea!!!

2 Likes

yoyo cuts in profileā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

No Butts No Cuts No Coconuts?

1 Like

hahahahha exactly!

1 Like

Lots of younger members on this forum. Iā€™ve removed some inappropriate posts.

4 Likes

sorry :sweat_smile:

more belly in the pic, iā€™ll leave it at that

2 Likes

I generally love undersized, so the Bowl mini hit a sweet spot for me. However, I love my RRT Burm, so huge and floaty, something about the giant size and weight made it SUPER fun to play. Narrow walls for a huge Bowl sound perfect, just my $0.02.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never played the original Bowl so I canā€™t compare. But how does this play for you guys?

Itā€™s SUPER floaty for me. I own a lot of organic yoyos and have actually never played something this floaty before.

Also, Iā€™m looking for the green color of this if anyone is not a big fan of this yoyo.

1 Like

Are you talking about the steel version?

I picked up the AL mini bowl. It did not seem floaty to me. It felt dense. Just one throwers opinion though as ā€œfloatā€ is very subjective.

4 Likes

Agree the aluminum version has kind of a thunk to it.

The Dale is substantially airier in comparison.

Both play very well with plenty of spin time, plenty of wraps and good response at low speed but I was honestly a tiny bit disappointed with the aluminum mini bowl dense feel.

I do have steel mini in C bearing and it does have very nice float, so maybe D bearing steel shares that play feel

5 Likes

The aluminum Mini bowl is like a nice one bedroom/one bathroom condo with a view of the hillside.

The Steel D bearing Mini bowl is like a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom Penthouse with a helicopter pad and a panoramic view of the ocean.

The aluminum Mini warms the enthusiasm.

The Steel Mini melts brain matter.

8 Likes

If I had a nickel for every time you said a yoyo would melt my brain or my face Iā€™d have at least 85 cents. :exploding_head::scream::joy:

You crack me up doc.

4 Likes

Soā€¦ I have made that remark on 17 separate occasions?

I would suggest that 25 cents would be a more realistic number.:wink:

I will give you a free tip. If you do get a steel mini bowl before you throw it put some corks in your ears just to be on the safe side.

5 Likes