The BOWL MINI Releases 7/24 @ 8PM!

This new release from Elvin Lim and @yoyophotographs on instagram is the latest iteration of the organic Bowl shape - The BOWL Mini!

The goal for the Bowl Mini was to take the Titanium Bowl and shrink it down to a compact undersized throw, but they couldn’t properly do so with aluminium or titanium unless they beefed up the rims. In order to preserve the aesthetic of the Bowl series - extra thin rims and subtle center bump - They had to go with a full stainless steel design. Steel is much denser than titanium so they were able to get the performance right where they wanted it, as well as the look, all in a sleek compact form!

The yo-yo plays like any of the yo-yos in the Bowl series - on the lighter side, floaty, comfortable and easy to maneuver. It also has a very peculiar high pitched ring that is only made possible with stainless steel!

Wednesday 7/24 @ 8PM EDT.

12 Likes

INSTACOP forget the Ultima :scream:

6 Likes

This looks DOPE! But if I gotta spend 200 wing wangs this week I gotta go with the Ti 888… gonna spend $5 on scratch and wins to see if I hit the jackpot

8 Likes

Another amazing Bowl release! I can’t wait to get mine!!!

2 Likes

Not interested in the yo-yo itself but the branding is fantastic.

5 Likes

Scratch enough wins to throw old man Grinder a Ti 888.

1 Like

I see the specs but can we get this little fella next to something for scale? Maybe a banana.

3 Likes

Here’s a shot next to 7068 Bowl

15 Likes

Can’t wait for it to arrive :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

The branding is fun, but this set of glyphs as “BOWL” is… a real stretch, man

5 Likes

I love his clever design. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see what it says and fits theme perfectly.

6 Likes

Agreed. I don’t see what’s so hard to understand

2 Likes

I didnt realize that said bowl, lol. I have to agree. For the record though, I am no rocket scientist.

5 Likes

I think it’s great. Only the “o” is a little meh

4 Likes

I could do without any engraving tbh but that’s just me

2 Likes

Looks great but unless it’s ti I’m not dropping 200 on a yoyo.

Wish the price point was lower

2 Likes

I don’t think they could make it too much cheaper. Steel is difficult to machine, especially with walls as thin as this. Even the full steel TopYo yo-yo was $160, and they try to keep things as budget friendly as possible.

6 Likes

For being a “mini”, it isn’t very mini.

also…I feel like they should’ve packaged this inside of a happy meal box haha :smiley:

3 Likes

I haven’t worked with stainless but have done regular steel and it’s pretty easy to work with.

Again I’m not involved in this, so there are a ton of things I’m not aware of. Maybe it’s just a mental hurdle for me to get over.

I’ll let you know if it was worth the dough :wink:

4 Likes