The BOWL 7068!

The latest release from Elvin Lim and @yoyophotographs on instagram is a beautiful new organic that everyone will appreciate - Introducing the BOWL 7068!

The Bowl 7068 is the aluminium alloy counterpart to the titanium BOWL with the exact same specifications and weight distribution. The Bowl 7068 boasts the same floaty fun feel with all the spin power and maneuverability as the original. It comes stock with plenty of accessories including a pair of engraved foldable metal scissors, a fun custom patch, and an engraved wooden comb.

Wednesday June 19th @ 8Pm EDT

15 Likes

This is too good a throw to still be in stock as of right now. I think it’s a must have for fans of the 64-45-56 organic variety.

4 Likes

I’m drawn to the pink one, but since I’m not (yet) a big fan of organics, I’m not sure I want to throw $115 at a throw I’m this unsure I’m going to like. I mean, I like all of its other specs, it’s just its organic shape that gives me pause…

3 Likes

I can’t believe it either, only 4 have sold in the last 24 since the drop. However there are two up in the BST already asking above retail, you got me? The last Grail drop did take 3 hours before sell out for the Sunshines. Maybe with all the recent drops, the market is spent, I don’t know?

3 Likes

To me this drop would be more appealing without all of the extra things like the scissors, comb, and patch. I would rather buy the yoyo for cheaper and not have a bunch of things that would only end up laying around my house and partially getting in the way

Thoughts?

7 Likes

The Yoyo without anything else; if it came without even a box. Would be worth more than the suggested price.
This Bowl is one of the very best yo-yos you might ever throw.
I own Every color and you will not see any of them up for sale.
There are plenty of yo-yos that cost more(without any extras) that aren’t as good or as much fun as the Bowl.
Smooth, beautiful slick finish, light on the string, great feel in the hand, very stable…
It is outstanding.

13 Likes

I dunno, it seems like Yet Another Artisanal Exaggerated Organic to me? Not sure I see the appeal. I mean I have a grail already…?

4 Likes

Nothing exaggerated. Straight forward optimal organic shape. Superb weight distribution. Great functional balance.
I also have a Grail. I love the Grail.
And this is the Grails’ daddy.
I am not even a big organic shape fan.
The Bowl is an exception.

13 Likes

8 Likes

I LOVE organics. Not to mention everything Elvin produces that ive tried is great, albeit limited. I got a hot tip to slip into the pre sale. At the moment in compelled to get a second.

7 Likes

I have Grail, Bowl and Life and they are three of my favorite throws. Bowl is VERY stable and smooth and confident. You feel the added juice from 7068. No IRG but best grind surface of the three and BUTTER smooth. Elements of ILYY in the rounded bump in the cup add a bonus nostalgia for those who might be prone to that.

9 Likes

Well damn, I guess I’m gonna have to get one too :/. My poor wallet…

3 Likes

Totally drooling over this but lacking the yoyo budget at the moment.

I like hard aluminum alloy, organic shapes, tips of the hat to ILYY, and the Grail is my favorite yoyo right now. Please tell me there will be more runs of the Bowl in the future (especially in green!)…

3 Likes

Full disclosure: I love “Organic” throws! Furthermore, I love how minor changes can totally change the feel and play of different throws, even though they appear very similar. The 2WEI is just a fun yoyo, and The Bowl 7068 is no different. I put side by side pics of the 2WEI 2019 (Azure Blue) and Bowl (Silver) just to see how similar they are, but upon throwing them, there are differences in feel and play. It has been a blast since I opened it 30 minutes ago. Stability is phenomenal. Shocked its not sold out.

8 Likes

That blue is stunning.

I know that you guys are calling the Bowl “stable”, but I have to assume you mean “stable for an organic,” cuz to me stable is what you call a rim-weighted performance throw like the VTWO or the Banshee’18. :wink:

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:t3:

You crack me up.

5 Likes

This reminds me a bit of the Luftverk 000, which also didn’t appeal to me personally.

1 Like

I just went and did some testing. I honestly meant stable. To me, stability is defined as the resistance to pushing off plane when the string is off plane. A less stable yoyo will push to tilt much easier than a more stable. Just for frame of reference, that’s how I define stability. Not sure if that’s right or not, but that’s just how I’ve always interpreted it. I’ll also throw gyroscopic flop and see how long the yo smoothly rotates vs completely wobbling out.

That being said, the Bowl resists these pushes off plane really well. I pulled out my VTWO and Blockade and Draupnir Overdrive, and just doing this test in trap the Bowl really holds its own. Gyroscopic flop stays stable considerably longer than the Grail.

I’d legitimately call this a stable throw. It doesn’t want to tilt off axis and you don’t have to be particularly clean to keep in line.

7 Likes

Sounds very much like the Markmont Classic, which I like quite a bit.

3 Likes

That was another one I grabbed for comparison - MMC is a big fave of mine too. I have mine set with ultralights and stability is very similar there too. Couldn’t pick a winner without more in depth testing

1 Like