The BOWL 7068!

I feel this. I would love to buy a Bowl if they are still availble in the next couple of weeks, but I’m all spent. Too many drops.

2 Likes

I would be surprised. Elvin Lim does this just for fun - he’s not a company and not out to make a living on this. He did the Bowl, the Spaceship, now the 7068 Bowl and there’s a new one in the pipeline. He does small runs for his preorder people and then the remainder goes to retail and that’s it. Then he’s on to his next project (if any). People who preorder from him get early notification on the new release. I purchased the Spaceship from him after getting wind of that one through FB BST right at the end of preorders. Then I got early notification about the 7068 Bowl including pics of the process along the way and the opportunity to preorder for less than retail and to get in hand before they went to retail.

His track record so far is killer. This one just adds to his cred for me.

7 Likes

Whack

2 Likes

This yoyo looks fantastic, I really really want one!

1 Like

It looks to me like everyone sees the Grail and thinks, ‘Oh we could do this too’.

6 Likes

There is plenty of drama surrounding the bowl and it’s progenitor. It’s as dull as the JD/SF gig.

2 Likes

I searched the web and am not seeing any drama, where is the drama?

1 Like

Honestly, it’s not worth the steam off your piss. Search the Facebook BST if you wish to delve into ‘he said, she said’ level of debate.

4 Likes

I don’t know why it matters. Yoyos are yoyos. Jensen and Charles don’t own organic yoyos. It has a similar cup… so what? Ilyy has been doing that cup since like 2008 or so. Too much drama and too little throwing.

9 Likes

Social media is proof that people today have way too much spare time on their hands.

3 Likes

People always had way too much spare time on their hands. Now you get to view and comment upon it.

3 Likes

8 Likes

:musical_note: I’ve got too much :clap:t2::clap:t2: time on my hands and it’s ticking away with my sanity…:musical_note:

1 Like

Hey guys! I’m new to this forum.

I just want to say a huge thanks to all of you who bought the Bowl 7068.

It’s a great feeling that you are enjoying it as much as I do! The yo-yo is a cross between the A-RT Grail (overall shape) and the ILOVEYOYO 2WEI (centre nipple, rounded rims). It looks like the Grail more due to the overall shape but somehow when you hold it and play it, it feels closer to the 2WEI.

When I first made the titanium version Frank (one of the owners of ILYY) actually told me he had tried to buy one but could not. I was super honored.

I had travelled to Shen Zhen to link up with my machinist to tie down the CAD and others for the accessories for the package. Each component of the package, the comb, scissors, cloth, artwork, patch etc were all done by a different manufacturer and it was a lot of effort on my part to coordinate everything with my new born wailing away!

Special shoutout to Andre and team for agreeing to promote the Bowl 7068.

I’ll be doing a Bowl Cut contest soon with YoYoExpert so stay tuned guys!

17 Likes

Aha, thanks for that reference! Review is here ILYY 2WEI « High Speed YoYo

(warning, it looks like that website has some javascript redirect malware going on, I had to view it in incognito mode.)

1 Like

All I have to say is The Bowl is an awesome premium Organic.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Elvin! Always nice to hear the designers take on things. Looking forward to snagging a Bowl when I get the chance. :grin:

2 Likes

which one is better?

1 Like

I am not normally a huge fan of organics, but I was able to land a Kwijibo with my 7068 Bowl, a trick I can hardly ever land with any yoyo, so it gets a thumbs up from me. :wink:

1 Like

Will this be like an actual, like with scissors, “bowl cut” contest!!! Sounds hilarious if so!